Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Chometz meals erev pesach

Are you going to try to get in 2 chometz meals/hamotzis shabbat morning erev Pesach?
Yes  
 44%  [ 24 ]
No  
 55%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 54

catonmylap

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 4:00 am
I'm just curious who else's dh(and family/self) is very serious about seudah shilshit.

Dh wants to try to get in 2 hamotzis shabbat morning erev pesach....

I didn't understand what the big deal was to get in 1, and then he told me, he wants to get 2 meals in.....I kind of remember now that is what we did last time we had shabbos erev pesach.

Seraph

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 5:23 am
I just asked my rav what the story was- he said get one meal in before zman, and shaleshudes doesnt need to have mezonos or hamotzi.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 8:45 am
yes, my dh will be washing twice at 10 a.m....

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 9:12 am
I think it'll be one meal.

the years o was in london I don't remember what we did.. I thinmk one year many moons ago we did was twice and later with my dad maybe just once??

JewishMother18

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 9:46 am
We were discussing this too on Shabbat and I think what we plan to do is come home from shul and make kiddush and hamotzei and eat gefilte fish. We'll then bentch and then wash and make homotzei again and go straight into our main meal - ie. seudah shlishit.

I'll probably give the kids something else to eat late afternoon just so that they are not starving by the time we eat our seder meal.

Hannah!

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 2:23 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Sun, May 04 2008, 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 6:47 pm
we will see then since we are moving into inlawa for the first days and see waht they will do

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 8:50 pm
I was told to use Matzah Ashira for seudat shelishit. (we are sefardic and Matzah Ashira is allowed to be eaten the whole peasach, but will not be considered Hamotzie until after sof zman achilat chametz)

Cdlf

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 11:55 am
My husband will have fruit and cake as his shalosh seudas in the afternoon.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 12:01 pm
To the OP - I would suggest that your husband check with his rav, if he hasn't already. Our rav holds that we should specifically NOT have two bread meals in the morning, because you run into halachic issues that way (not waiting long enough between the two meals to be able to make another bracha, or even waiting long enough but having the second meal in mind originally - which you obviously will - both would cause your first bneching and second hamotzi to be a bracha l'vatala). He holds that it's actually lchatchillah to have a meal in the afternoon of fish or chicken or something, and NOT to eat a second meal in the morning.

Of course, your rav might hold differently...but in case dh hasn't checked and has just assumed that it's better, I would try to encourage him to check with your rav...

catonmylap

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 12:07 pm
amother wrote:
To the OP - I would suggest that your husband check with his rav, if he hasn't already. Our rav holds that we should specifically NOT have two bread meals in the morning, because you run into halachic issues that way (not waiting long enough between the two meals to be able to make another bracha, or even waiting long enough but having the second meal in mind originally - which you obviously will - both would cause your first bneching and second hamotzi to be a bracha l'vatala). He holds that it's actually lchatchillah to have a meal in the afternoon of fish or chicken or something, and NOT to eat a second meal in the morning.

Of course, your rav might hold differently...but in case dh hasn't checked and has just assumed that it's better, I would try to encourage him to check with your rav...

My dh is a Rav. He says that we have to do something in between like go for a walk. I think that is what we did last time around. It will be a matter of how much time we have in the end whether we will get it in time or not.

shalhevet

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 1:07 pm
catonmylap wrote:
amother wrote:

My dh is a Rav. He says that we have to do something in between like go for a walk. I think that is what we did last time around. It will be a matter of how much time we have in the end whether we will get it in time or not.

We also go for a walk between the two meals. (Have to fit that in too before 10am... Mad )

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 4:48 pm
I went over my notes from thelat time e.p. was shabbos and reminded myslef that we serve in paper and plastic.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics