Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Eyeglasses for my 4 yr old dd

tovasmom

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 11:30 pm
I just learned that my 4 year old dd needs glasses. She is very tiny. I went to one eyeglass store and they did not even have any frames that fit her face. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to take her for glasses in flatbush?

Squash

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 11:40 pm
my dd got glasses when she was three. not in flatbush, but if you get no satisfactory responses, take her to Diamond Vision on 48 b/w 12 and 13 in boro park. GREAT service. not cheap. but he really gives you a pair of glasses that is suited to your face.

I know so many pple who walked in there, he showed them something he thought was good. they still wanted to look around. browsed for a while and then left with the pair he originally showed them. good luck.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 12:32 pm
gruen optical on ave m has a kids' section and great service.

tovasmom

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 12:49 pm
mummiedearest, what are the cross-streets for gruen? Thanks

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 12:53 pm
I think e 14th and 15th, maybe 13th and 14th. one of the two.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 12:54 pm
1414 Avenue M
Brooklyn, NY 11230
(718) 645-6068

tovasmom

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 1:02 pm
Thanks Very Happy

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 2:05 pm
Did the dr recommend anywhere? You might ask him first. We got locally, Crown Heights. We didn't look for a bargain b/c we knew we'd b going back for adjustments.

tovasmom

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 2:35 pm
The eye dr was pretty pareve on the recommendation and I mentioned the place where I usually go to her (the one which had no frames for tiny faces) and the doctor said, "oh, that would be fine" to me. In the meantime, that has not worked out so that's why I'm asking for input.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 2:51 pm
Hm.

Well anyway, if posible, make sure the place is kid friendly. At some point DD would go on her own for adjustments.

Mommastuff

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 2:52 pm
I have a few pairs of infant eyewear if you'd like to see if it's the right perscription. is there a gemach that would take it otherwise?

red sea

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 2:53 pm
There is gruen optical, then on coney between l& m is optique elegance, then there is one on the corner of coney & m and one on ave l right off coney between coney and east 10. between the 4 of them u should be able to find a frame. happy hunting!

tovasmom

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 2:56 pm
Has anyone tried Eyes and Optics on L and 29-Nostrand?

amother

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 11:50 pm
Try here http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php?cat=5 ask the doctor for the pupil measurements if it's hard for you to do them. Each frame is a different size so measure her head first.

Get the shape memory titanium if you can. And yes, those prices are real, and include the lens. We bought from them and so did my brother in law.

Squash

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 1:31 am
pple - did you check out the above link? it's incredible!!! I think I'll get myself a pair of sunglasses if they're this cheap! the only question is, where to go for adjustments/alignments? I'd feel rotten to walk into a store and ask them to adjust it for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries