Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Chol hamoed help please

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:15 am
I live in Brooklyn and would love to go away for 2-3 days. It needs to be close to a shul and have entertainment. Would drive up to 4 hours. Please send me some suggestions. Have kids of all ages and stages.

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:20 am
We rented a house on the beach in Atlantic city one chol hamoed sukkos. We went biking on the board walk, Mini golf and the beach. There is a shul .

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:00 am
Boston, Baltimore, DC, Newport, Providence, Philadelphia, Binghamton, Scranton - all with minyanim and <4 hours from NY, any of those interest you?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:04 am
doctorima wrote:
Boston, Baltimore, DC, Newport, Providence, Philadelphia, Binghamton, Scranton - all with minyanim and <4 hours from NY, any of those interest you?

Washington DC sounds good. How do I find a place near a shul- literally walking distance? Where can I found out what to do there?

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:02 am
DC's shul is called Kesher Israel, and there is also a large Chabad there (check their website to see if they have daily minyan). When we've gone, we've stayed in hotels in Georgetown that are a nice 10-15 minute walk from Kesher Israel. They're not all cheap, but if you have hotel points there are some great options there.

As for attractions, most of it's free! The Smithsonian museums (Air and Space, American History, and others), the zoo with adorable pandas, go by the White House, Capitol, Supreme Court, Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument, National Archives with the original Declaration of Independence and Constitution - all for free! The Spy Museum is great for kids and does cost money.

DC is very strict with Covid mask and vax rules when indoors, so it's definitely something to monitor in advance if that's an issue for you, though it will likely change many times between now and then.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics