Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Insects

Whose the man of the house when it comes to getting rid of the insects?
Myself  
 25%  [ 7 ]
Husband  
 67%  [ 19 ]
Other members of your household  
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 28

proudmom

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 4:04 pm
In my house I take care of the spiders.

baby's mom

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 4:11 pm
Definitely my husband. I get disgusted with creepy crawly... What

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 4:16 pm
Both of us take care of them..but there isnt that option on the poll Confused

mommy2

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 7:36 pm
my husband

miriam

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 8:12 pm
If I am alone, I do it but my husband does it if he's around.

elisecohen

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 9:20 pm
Anyone except my 10 year old and 6 year old (neither of whom will enter a room if so much as an ant has been sighted). Of course if it's up to my 11 year old, she carefully puts them outside "safely" while her little sister yells and makes faces. I don't mind when she releases the moths, but I'd just as soon she squished the millipedes and spiders!

supermom

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 4:04 am
my house my husband and if he is not home my kids take it in their own hands not only spiders, but everything big and small. they must be country kids already I can't stand them. my husband and kids love to find everything and pick them up from frogs, snakes, lady bugs, jukes, and more. for some odd reason they scream moshe rabbenu when they see a bug and then they pick it up and do all strange things with it. Rolling Eyes

klotzkashe

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 5:10 am
If my husband is home he'll do it - and if he's not..well then I'll pack up the baby and go out until he can come home and kill it because there's NO WAY that I'm killing insects, I can't even think of them too much and I feel terrible!

Yes, I know I'm a WIMP!

STRONGMOM

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 5:47 am
I have tons of spiders. I have to say I hate them. I bought myself a stick and I kill them but then I leave stains on the wall. which is not great. My husband takes care of them if hes home. He puts them nicely in a cup and then throws them in the garden. I would never do that. I think its a phobia by me....

supermom

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 6:41 am
and you call yourself strongmom Wink

jewgal84

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 3:20 pm
B"h we don't have many insects, we have an exterminator come to our apartment every month but if there are any - definately my husband!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 3:27 pm
Last nite, my husband claimed to have seen a mouse in the kitchent, totally gross, but then then he was scared to go down to investigate he made me go into the kitchen, not that I would have any idea what to do even if I saw it.

Dont know what happened to my macho man

baby's mom

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 4:46 pm
Yesterday my baby almost put a (dead) fly into her mouth shock boy, did I rescue her...probably the only time I touched a dead fly in my life. ewwwwwww!

Rivka

Post Wed, Sep 14 2005, 6:18 am
flies I don't mind...spiders...urgh...hubby has to do that.
I can't even vacuum them up coz then I will be touching the hoover that is hoovering up the spider.
Blahhhhhhhhhh

STRONGMOM

Post Wed, Sep 14 2005, 6:51 am
Yeah when I wanna be even more horrible, I hoover my spiders. then I dont wanna the change the bag!!! just the thought of whats actually going on inside that bag gives me the shivers.
I was told that there is nothing you can buy that can kills spiders!

elisecohen

Post Wed, Sep 14 2005, 7:34 am
Some years ago my grandmother saw a mouse in her apartment. She stood on the breakfast table and called my (then about 85 year old) great uncle, her brother in law, to come deal with it. We still laugh thinking about poor Uncle Natan chasing a mouse around Oma's kitchen (actually it's about 10 years later and I think she would still call him if she sees another one...and he would still try to come just to get out of his apartment).

Rivka

Post Wed, Sep 14 2005, 5:20 pm
Ha ha, oh and about what kills spiders. When I lived in my parents I wasn't as scared of them...maybe coz I had to deal with them myself.
But if I saw one in my room, I got my hair spray and sprayed it so it would make it stick and then hand cream and smother it so it can't move and it's stuck...but I wouldn't clean it up after...my mother would do it thinking it was just some little mess. Oh well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics