Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Holding baby all day- carrier- recommended? And which one?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 3:33 pm
My beautiful, adorable kah 4 week old just loves to be held, which I’m sure is very normal. The problem is I can’t put him down for more than 20 minutes maybe at a time before he starts crying. This is true for the night as well, so I’ve been basically getting 20 minute catnaps through the night and honestly I’m very exhausted. During the day I can’t really get anything done besides browse on my phone which isn’t productive for much besides placing many online orders. I’m thinking maybe a baby carrier will let me be a bit more mobile (usage of both arms!) however, I’m wondering if he gets used to a carrier then he will basically never agree to be put down. What was your experience?
If you’re pro carrier, which one do you recommend? The soft wrap ones look so cozy but a lot more complicated to put on than the backpack style ones.

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 3:35 pm
I love my wrap carrier and baby loves it too! I watched a bunch of YouTube tutorials to learn how to tie it. It was complicated at first but I got used to it pretty quickly. I say go for it!

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 3:51 pm
4 weeks old is great in a soft wrap like the Moby.
Ergo baby is just amazing to have for when they’re slightly older and you need to do things in house or go to the grocery store

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 3:54 pm
Hi OP,
I have a 10 week old infant and I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago. Have you tried swaddling with their arms in? It made a huge difference and now sleeps during the day and night in between feedings. I use the halo sleep sack with Velcro swaddle. Hatzlacha to you

English3

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 3:55 pm
Have you checked for reflux?

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 3:56 pm
Amazing help for me with a crying baby. I don't remember what I used but it was not a wrap. Got a cheap one in Walmart for very small baby and a really good and sturdy one for big baby. Even took it to Bushkill falls and carried her around the whole thing when she was 3 plus.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 4:00 pm
I got the cheapest wrap one on Amazon ($20). Its not complicated once you practice a few times. I use it when I am doing showers/ bedtime with my older kids and it's been very helpful.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 4:05 pm
I liked the Baby K'tan.

SG18

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 4:31 pm
I love my Colugo carrier. Super easy to use, machine washable, and baby used to sleep so well in it. As long as you're not only putting baby to sleep in it, it'll be fine.
I also really like that it's easily adjusted so my taller husband can use it too.
https://hicolugo.com/products/.....98086

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 4:34 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I liked the Baby K'tan.

I second the baby ktan it's a prewrapped wrap basically and great for newborns! Just make sure you get the right size- goes by your size- not the baby

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 5:08 pm
Ime, using a baby carrier meant one hand free and one hand semi free - I was never an expert at it and I often found I needed to use one hand to support the carrier.
(Not with the ergo, but with the baby ktan)
Might have just been me.

I also discovered a list of things I couldn’t do with baby in carrier -
Keep in mind, you won’t be able to open an oven door, load the dishwasher etc..

Of course it’s still helpful, I’m not trying to be discouraging- just pointing out things I noticed.

And remember the baby safety rules - make sure she is always kissable, and her face is not blocked in etc…

I definitely benefited from it even though I never got it perfectly so I hope it helps you!

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 5:17 pm
Did anyone use one post c section? I'm thinking it would be easier to go out for short walks without needing to carry a carriage down the stairs poat op, but worried it wouldn't work post c section. I'm also short and have a shorter torso, if that makes a difference. (Currently pregnant, planned c section delivery IYH for healthy mom and baby).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics