Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
*Poll* How many squares of Charmin toilet paper do you

How many squares of Charmin do you flush at once without problems if house is 100 years old?
1-2  
 15%  [ 6 ]
3-4  
 21%  [ 8 ]
5-6  
 34%  [ 13 ]
7-8  
 13%  [ 5 ]
9-10  
 5%  [ 2 ]
11-12  
 2%  [ 1 ]
13-14  
 0%  [ 0 ]
more than 14  
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 38

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 11 2022, 11:18 am
flush at one time without problems, if your house is 100 years old. Does it get clogged often?
Most people didn't answer the question in my previous post. I'm adding a poll.

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Feb 11 2022, 11:20 am
I wonder how pple qualify for the poll. I don't use Charmin. I don't live a 100 year old house. And I don't count my squares of toilet paper.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Fri, Feb 11 2022, 12:30 pm
If people didn't answer your question, there's probably a good reason for it: it's a bizarre question. Very few people count how many squares of TP they use at a time, and if they did, I'd suspect them of being OCD or something. I should think it would vary with the load, IYKWIM.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 2:07 am
I generally flush 4 pieces of TP at a time, up to about 10. But I use single ply.

My kids, who are not reliable about limiting their TP usage, have been taught to throw their TP in the trash, because this 120+ year old house has plumbing issues regardless.

On Shabbos, when we use 2-ply tissues, the toilet will occasionally clog by the end of Shabbos. It takes hot water and patience to fix it, a standard plunger won't do the job.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 2:20 am
What is the purpose of this question?
Figure out what clogs your toilets and change it.
Is it the amount?
The brand?
That people dont flush fully? Maybe you need an extra flush between uses?

I dont use charmin brand (too expensive) and dont live in such a house. But I dont use Kleenex or the wipes either because they dont flush as per a plumber. We cut before Shabbos each week.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 11:45 am
amother [ Amaryllis ] wrote:
If people didn't answer your question, there's probably a good reason for it: it's a bizarre question. Very few people count how many squares of TP they use at a time, and if they did, I'd suspect them of being OCD or something. I should think it would vary with the load, IYKWIM.
No it's not OCD when you have to call the plumber every time it gets clogged.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 11:46 am
amother [ NeonYellow ] wrote:
Is it the amount?
The brand?

I dont use charmin brand (too expensive) and dont live in such a house. But I dont use Kleenex or the wipes either because they dont flush as per a plumber. We cut before Shabbos each week.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 11:47 am
Is it the amount?
The brand?

It's the toilet paper that clogs it, that's why I want to know how many other people flush without problems.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 2:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's the toilet paper that clogs it, that's why I want to know how many other people flush without problems.

Just Use a different brand! Charmin is known for not being great for plumbing. Some other brands break apart easier in water. And tell the kids to flush a second time.

I dont want to be counting it or demanding people only use X amount. That is just ridiculous to ask. I want to use how many I need at a given point and not worry. Do you really want to police your family and guests about how much they can use?!?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 7:50 pm
Just Use a different brand! Charmin is known for not being great for plumbing. Some other brands break apart easier in water. And tell the kids to flush a second time.

I dont want to be counting it or demanding people only use X amount. That is just ridiculous to ask. I want to use how many I need at a given point and not worry. Do you really want to police your family and guests about how much they can use?!?
Which other 2 ply toilet paper is good for toilets and soft?
I don't want to police, but I'm not redoing all the pipes now.

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 8:10 pm
It’s generally the toilet not the pipes. Get yourself a low end Toto brand toilet and you will probably see the difference.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 10:35 pm
I use Angel Soft and my house is over 90 years old. I’ve never had problems or needed to limit amounts.

naomi2

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 10:47 pm
Try a brand that says septic safe in tiny letters on the back. Those break up really quickly before they have time to accumulate and clog the pipes. We have sensitive plumbing and can't use tissues ever int he toilet:(

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 10:06 pm
amother [ Moccasin ] wrote:
It’s generally the toilet not the pipes. Get yourself a low end Toto brand toilet and you will probably see the difference.
it's not clogging in the toilet, it's clogging the pipes.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 10:11 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I use Angel Soft and my house is over 90 years old. I’ve never had problems or needed to limit amounts.
is it soft like charmin?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 10:12 pm
naomi2 wrote:
Try a brand that says septic safe in tiny letters on the back. Those break up really quickly before they have time to accumulate and clog the pipes. We have sensitive plumbing and can't use tissues ever int he toilet:(
I never noticed these words on the package.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics