Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me dress better
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 6:02 am
“Doomed to wear boho?” LOL Totally disagree. I’m a tichel wearer too and imo I look good. In warm weather I prefer to wear a nice non-print and non-cheap maxi skirt with cute flats (so I can avoid stockings…I wear thin cotton socks). Light cottony tops, no prints; I agree dolman type is good if you can find. I tend to wear a trendy necklace. Tichel is colorful and neatly wrapped for an elegant, not over the top look.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 8:48 am
Do ppl (in style ppl) wear the mia mod pleated on shabbos too?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 11:59 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Do ppl (in style ppl) wear the mia mod pleated on shabbos too?

Depends on the style. Some are dressier than others.

Try the Orly skirt

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 12:06 pm
amother [ Moonstone ] wrote:
“Doomed to wear boho?” LOL Totally disagree. I’m a tichel wearer too and imo I look good. In warm weather I prefer to wear a nice non-print and non-cheap maxi skirt with cute flats (so I can avoid stockings…I wear thin cotton socks). Light cottony tops, no prints; I agree dolman type is good if you can find. I tend to wear a trendy necklace. Tichel is colorful and neatly wrapped for an elegant, not over the top look.

Thank you for this response 😄
This sounds most like the look I’m going for. I agree a tichel can look very put together and pretty, I get compliments all the time on mine from Jewish and non-Jewish people. Anyway, could you elaborate more on your outfits? Where do you find quality maxi skirts? I love wearing them but so many are thin and cheap looking. Also what do you mean by a trendy necklace? Thank you!

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 12:26 pm
amother [ Moonstone ] wrote:

I don't quite see the contradiction. Long flowing skirts and necklaces are all parts of boho style.

What you are describing is definitely much more boho than a structured jacket or a pencil skirt.

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 12:37 pm
A shiny Tichel tied in a low bun or around a low boubou does not have to look boho.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZevXfYsHQg/

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 6:31 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Depends on the style. Some are dressier than others.

Try the Orly skirt

Who has the Orly skirts in lakewood?

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 6:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for this response 😄
This sounds most like the look I’m going for. I agree a tichel can look very put together and pretty, I get compliments all the time on mine from Jewish and non-Jewish people. Anyway, could you elaborate more on your outfits? Where do you find quality maxi skirts? I love wearing them but so many are thin and cheap looking. Also what do you mean by a trendy necklace? Thank you!

These days maxi skirts can be found in many places. Department stores like Nordstrom, as well as frum stores- Junee, Fame, Polka dot, Gallery…

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 6:36 pm
I got the Point Collection maxi skirt last year and it wore really nicely. Third and Parni also have worked well for me.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 6:38 pm
amother [ Ultramarine ] wrote:
Who has the Orly skirts in lakewood?

Gallery

I’m sure other places too

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 7:02 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Gallery

I’m sure other places too