Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Getting rid of knives

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 5:45 pm
A question for you smart ladies: I have a few knives that I don't use and wish to get rid of. My children are not interested; the gmach thrift shop accepts only new unused kitchenware; we don't have a local Goodwill; and while people do leave housewares in the basement of our building and in an LFL nearby, I would never leave knives where children or no-goodniks with evil intentions could pick them up and hurt themselves or others. The only thing I can think of is to put the knives in metal recycling, which I may end up doing, but it seems like a huge waste. Anyone have any other ideas about where I can get rid of these knives without incurring the expense of mailing them or traveling to a thrift shop somewhere? TIA.

PS: Please don't suggest drilling holes in the handles and stringing them up as wind chimes. Too, too macabre for my taste.

mha3484

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 5:48 pm
Do you have a local buy nothing group on whatsapp or facebook? People give this kind of stuff away all the time and others are happy to take.

happy chick

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 5:55 pm
Post on your Whatsapp status, you might be surprised who might be interested

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 6:27 pm
I'm not on any FB, Whatsapp or Buy Nothing groups. Maybe it's time to join one, though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics