Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Katoby !

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 15 2022, 5:30 am
Who else is devastated by this ??!!

essie14

Post Fri, Apr 15 2022, 6:49 am
I knew it was coming but I still sobbed....
So devastating.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 15 2022, 7:16 am
Right ??!! Especially when he was begging her to keep trying !

amother
Cappuccino

Post Fri, Apr 15 2022, 8:14 am
I wasn't devastated cus I don't take shows so much to heart but I was definitely not impressed. They weren't such a terrible couple even at their worst. They both kept trying. Sure, life was a lot more stressful now with two young children, a special needs toddler, and remote work. But if they'd have stuck it out, things would have settled eventually as life became more routine as the kids grew. They weren't gonna have more. They owed it to their kids to make the best of things and keep working on themselves. They were a great couple and they would have been amazing again eventually. And the remote working, why is that so terrible, many frum fathers spend most of their time with their kids over the weekend. She should hire a sitter or invite her mom over if she needs a break or some adult company. He was doing his best under the circumstances and shouldn't have demanded her to pick herself up and move. Typical American BS where it's all about me and what I feel. It was a very selfish and short sighted decision to divorce in my opinion.

icedcoffee

Post Fri, Apr 15 2022, 9:12 am
I think they did a good job of showing the marriage slowly deteriorate to the point where it was unsustainable to continue, but I still wish it didn't happen. I wish they could've found a way to be happy after all they've been through. I also found myself siding with Toby for most of the arguments. It was really sad watching him try so hard to keep the family together. I'm glad they both got happy endings but it's hard to suddenly see her with Philip after six seasons of Toby and just accept he's the "endgame" for her.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Apr 15 2022, 9:17 am
Reminder: its a tv show.
it wasn't about the commute, it was about the fighting. His quips, her quips etc. I actually wish they'd let the audience sit a little in that pain, instead of showing how she's remarrying and he sees what she meant. Stop with the feel good moments right after you FINALLY give us some emotion. I want to be on teh edge of my seat wondering what will happen next.

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Apr 15 2022, 10:25 am
I was SOOOOO mad at the end of last season when they foreshadowed this.

But I actually think the way they developed the story was so realistic and believable. Like now, it makes sense to me that this is where things went for them. That feels like what would have happened.

Also I'm so glad they didn't make either of them cheat!! (Do I watch too much Grey's 🤔? )

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Apr 15 2022, 10:27 am
icedcoffee wrote:
I think they did a good job of showing the marriage slowly deteriorate to the point where it was unsustainable to continue, but I still wish it didn't happen. I wish they could've found a way to be happy after all they've been through. I also found myself siding with Toby for most of the arguments. It was really sad watching him try so hard to keep the family together. I'm glad they both got happy endings but it's hard to suddenly see her with Philip after six seasons of Toby and just accept he's the "endgame" for her.

For most arguments, I found myself really seeing both sides. Especially when it came to the best way to raise Jack. And the San Francisco job.

jj1236

Post Fri, Apr 15 2022, 12:23 pm
I hate when shows do this! I was so annoyed when this happened. We had an amazing Toby the first 5 seasons and then they make us have to see this extreme opposite Toby who we are supposed to dislike basically? It was ridiculous. First Keven's broken marriage and now Kate's. I get that in the end everyone supposedly finds love but what's the point!

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Apr 15 2022, 12:39 pm
jj1236 wrote:
I hate when shows do this! I was so annoyed when this happened. We had an amazing Toby the first 5 seasons and then they make us have to see this extreme opposite Toby who we are supposed to dislike basically? It was ridiculous. First Keven's broken marriage and now Kate's. I get that in the end everyone supposedly finds love but what's the point!

I don't dislike him, I have a lot of compassion for him. I think that losing a large amount of weight absolutely can impact someone's personality (speaking as a fat person here). The career piece also made sense. And his beliefs that looking for treatments and/or making enough money to pay for assistive devices for Jack was the best way to care for him is also very understandable and valid. Though so is Kate's approach!

etky

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 3:49 am
I thought they did a very good job presenting both points of view - as they did when Randall and Beth were having their similar marital crisis. Both sides had legitimate expectations and gripes.
However, I feel that Toby did indeed begin to 'pull away' right after Jack's birth.
Losing weight, becoming immersed in working out, basically recreating himself (and keeping it from Kate) was his way of avoiding dealing with his emotions regarding Jack's blindness. It was a betrayal of sorts and it inevitably left Kate to her own devices. He was not there for her emotionally and the job in San Francisco just made it worse.
That was the beginning of their downfall as a couple. He should have gone for therapy then.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 3:42 pm
I found katoby story line pretty realistic although the phillip story line was too quick in my opinion. But they have a lot of ground to cover in a short time so what can you expect.
Married adults reach crossroads that redefine them. I think the conversation should be why and how some couples make it to the other side and some don't. Being selfish isn't the reason IMO.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics