Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
8-Piece POP Container Baking Set

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 4:19 pm
8-Piece POP Container Baking Set

I am thinking of buying this.
Do you own it?
If yes, please tell me if you are happy or unhappy with it.
Thanks a lot

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 3:35 pm
bump

yiddishmom

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 3:38 pm
I have it. They are good containers, but I don't use it.

It's too much of a hassle to empty the original box/ container.

kenz

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 3:42 pm
yiddishmom wrote:
I have it. They are good containers, but I don't use it.

It's too much of a hassle to empty the original box/ container.

I agree. This whole system of emptying everything you buy into matching containers is beyond me. I do it for flour, sugar, cereal… but everything else gets used up quickly enough that there’s no point.

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 5:07 pm
I have for flour, we flour, sugar, brown sugar, rice , and some other things that come in bags. I’m happy with it

emzod42

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 5:15 pm
I don't have that exact set (I have some of that brand of container though, and they're good), but in general, I've found that it's better to look at what you're trying to store and go to HomeGoods-type places just to get those sizes. If you buy a set you'll probably wind up with sizes that are useless for you and needing more of certain useful sizes.

alef12

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 5:32 pm
I use those containers for things like flour, sugar, rice, brown sugar, breadcrumbs, lentils etc that either come in bags or in containers that aren't efficient for my pantry space (like the breadcrumb container is round and takes up much more space than the small rectangular container I pour it into).

I don't see the benefit of putting things like crackers, matza or cereal in these type of containers since they come in boxes. I'm sure it looks nice in your pantry but it doesn't seem efficient or cost effective to me.

alef12

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 5:34 pm
emzod42 wrote:
I don't have that exact set (I have some of that brand of container though, and they're good), but in general, I've found that it's better to look at what you're trying to store and go to HomeGoods-type places just to get those sizes. If you buy a set you'll probably wind up with sizes that are useless for you and needing more of certain useful sizes.

Yes, I started with a set and used all of them but then ended up buying more of the exact sizes I needed (for example, I have several types of flour to store)

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 5:38 pm
https://www.wayfair.com/kitche......html

Someone posted today.

SingALong

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 6:43 pm
I have the oxo pop containers and love them. Yes, it can sometimes be a pain to pour the flour or sugar into a container each time to refill. But baking and cooking is a breeze as I can clearly see at once where everything is, my pantry looks neat, etc. I don’t find the tiny ones so useful. I have a few for baking soda, baking powder and vanilla sugar, but otherwise I use a lot of the larger and medium size
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics