Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Food stamps

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:12 pm
Is there a way I can get food stamps if I send to a babysitter that won’t give me receipt/live in an apartment that the landlord won’t give me receipt? My husband and I are both students so we only qualify because of the childcare expenses. We can really really use it but I don’t know how to go about it.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:23 pm
So what I’m understanding, is if you use a non-legal babysitter and live in a non-legal apartment. Chances are your babysitter and your landlord are not paying taxes, and possibly claiming to be eligible for food stamps… Because they are not claiming the income from you. By them not being yashar, you,, who have these expenses, are unable to show them, and therefore you are not able to get services which you would be eligible for and really do need.

To all those from people, who think that they’re “ just working the system” Or doing what other people do, or just being smarter than everyone. Here is a frum person that you are hurting.

Maybe it is time we start paying on the books and sending our children to legal and safe daycares.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:27 pm
Yes you can still get on. I am in the same situation and have food stamps. Write a letter as proof. Simple.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:29 pm
amother [ Hydrangea ] wrote:
Yes you can still get on. I am in the same situation and have food stamps. Write a letter as proof. Simple.

What do you mean? I write the letter but who signs it?

amother
Mint

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:29 pm
I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. But she is choosing to live in a non legal apartment and to send to a non legal babysitter. Chances are she is doing that because it is cheaper for her that way. So she is not a victim of people doing the wrong thing. It is a choice she is making.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:31 pm
Ask them to sign it or have a neighbor sign that u live there and pay x ammount. Get creative

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:32 pm
There’s no “official” daycare where I live..I’m paying 1500/month for 9-5, 4 days a week, don’t think that’s cheap Crying

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:33 pm
Ask them to sign it or have a neighbor sign that u live there and pay x ammount. Get creative

They won’t do that..guess I’m stuck

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:37 pm
Try applying anyways. Say you pay a friend to watch you kid and you pay her x ammount. There is nothing wrong with sending your child to an illegal babysitter. We live in a community and this is how we do things.

amother
Red

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:44 pm
Try applying anyways. Say you pay a friend to watch you kid and you pay her x ammount. There is nothing wrong with sending your child to an illegal babysitter. We live in a community and this is how we do things.

"How we do things" doesnt exactly work for the government.
Anyone Who signs that they are getting money for babysitting may be on the hook tax wise.
Why do so many people try to break the law and avoid taxes?!? Its hard to pay and a lot of money. But instead of trying to get better jobs, live within our means... so many just chalk it up to "how we do things" and break the law.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:59 pm
Pay with a check and show that.

That's what I use for rent. Im in a legal apartment but have no lease and that's what I use.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 9:25 pm
If you pay by check, that's your proof. If you pay cash, you o u should get a receipt

Amarante

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 9:43 pm
OP says the neither the landlord nor the babysitter will give her a receipt.

Will they accept payment by check, PayPal, Venmo or other and will literally only take cash.

If the landlord only takes cash and won't give a receipt. OP also has no rights as a tenant because she can't even prove that she is the legal occupant.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries