Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Rite of Passage

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 7:13 am
Yesterday Nati and I went to the Makolet for some groceries for dinner. While we were there, a neighbor came in with her 2 year old daughter. The little girl walked right over to the chips display and took two small bags of Bamba off the shelf. One she kept for herself and the other she generously handed to Nati. Who looked the ooooooohhh... shiny packaging over with great deliberation.

Facing what I knew was going to be a screaming, crying baby (for all of a minute) should I even attempt to take the bag away and even more so, how could I refuse the little girl's generosity, I paid for the bag (it never left Nati's clutches) and we had a sit down at the park.

He had a few brief moments of panic when I took the ooooooohhh... shiny package from his pudgy little hands but then... Peanut Nirvana....

A few days shy of his first birthday KA"H (can you believe it?!?!?!) and he's had his first taste of peanut product. Bli Ayin haRah, no reaction (other than "mo-mo-mo-mo-mo" - his version of the word more).

chaylizi

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 7:15 am
he is absolutely edible, yesha. I don't know that I would have had an easier time takng it away from my baby.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 7:18 am
Truth is I would have just distracted him with something else... but I had been entertaining the idea of introducing peanuts to his diet and figured what the heck.

And thanks Smile

chaylizi

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 7:19 am
I probably would have my 14 month old is already having trouble with milk, strawberries & has lovely eczema. pushing peanuts probably would not have been so wise.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 7:23 am
Regular yogurt didn't go too well with him but the goat's milk yogurt is being kind to his system so I'm hopeful.

He had eczema on his back which we treated with cream and he seems to have an outbreak on his scalp. I think it may be a reaction to the increase of wheat over Pesach from the matzah he was eating.

Now he's eating humus, quinoa, rice and kasha as alternatives so we'll see.

chaylizi

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 7:26 am
she had this huge rash all over her face on pesach & I was sure it was strawberries that dh was giving her. but I guess it could have been matzah, except that she's had matzah before. she loves oatmeal. kasha is a good idea though- I'm going to try that.

Raisin

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 12:57 pm
you know there is a much lower incidence of peanut allergy in israeli kids - they think it may be connected to bamba!

My kids don't even like bamba - guess you have to eat it as a baby to like it.

GAMZu

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 2:03 pm
Adorable!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art