Home

Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

cassandra

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 6:16 pm       Post subject: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
I forgot and now I have a whole pot that is going to be wasted....

chaylizi

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 6:18 pm       Post subject:
does it still taste and smell ok?

cassandra

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 6:23 pm       Post subject: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
I have no idea. I'm afraid to open it. I am very sensitive to smell.

chaylizi

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 6:24 pm       Post subject:
if you are afraid to smell it than either get your dh to (whenever it is that he gets home) or dump it. if it isn't smellable, then it isn't edible either.

Raisin

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 6:25 pm       Post subject: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
there are food safety websites that will tell you things like that. they will prob tell you to chuck it. Sad

sky

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 6:26 pm       Post subject: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
I wouldn't
If it is older then 5 days old I would throw it out.

cassandra

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 6:30 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
Raisin wrote:
there are food safety websites that will tell you things like that. they will prob tell you to chuck it. Sad

I usually refer to those sites, but somehow I felt the women here would have greater chicken soup expertise.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 6:31 pm       Post subject: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
I'd throw it out

cassandra

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 6:34 pm       Post subject: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
I guess I will throw it out. I am usually pretty squeamish about these things but somehow I was hoping that chicken soup had magical self-preserving properties. It does cure the common cold, you know, I didn't think I was expecting too much of it.

shalhevet

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 6:36 pm       Post subject: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
I made chicken soup last Friday and I had to throw it out on Tuesday because it had gone sour this week.

pinkbubbles

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 7:56 pm       Post subject: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
throw it out!

Tehilla

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 7:58 pm       Post subject:
yeah longer than about Monday is risky.

flowerpower

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 8:03 pm       Post subject:
rather dont

greenfire

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 8:14 pm       Post subject:
I rather think you should throw it in the garbage ... I couldn't even stomach reading this Puke Puke
NUTso but cute ~ things balance out Nervous

Clarissa

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 8:17 pm       Post subject: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
My parents always ate really old food. They'd just check it for taste and smell. With chicken soup, it takes on this sour kind of smell and taste when it spoils.

It would have been impossible to attempt to poison my parents, what with all of the bacteria they'd ingested over the years. That's how they knew we weren't going to try to do them in with arsenic or whatever to get to the non-existent family fortune.

peach

Post Posted: Thu, May 15 2008, 8:34 pm       Post subject:
I wouldn't freeze it. A shame, though. After all that effort.

shopaholic

Post Posted: Fri, May 16 2008, 9:29 am       Post subject:
I make mine Thursday night. If I don't need the whole thing that Shabbos, I freeze 1/2 on FRiday. Then, if there's is any left after Shabbos , of the stuff we ate, I don't keep it past Sunday night.

Tamiri

Post Posted: Fri, May 16 2008, 9:38 am       Post subject: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
Give it to an animal so it won't be a complete waste. I would not eat chicken soup like that even if it smelled fine. If I froze it, I would throw it away next Pesach cause I would remember it's not fresh.

happyone

Post Posted: Fri, May 16 2008, 9:44 am       Post subject: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
So did you make new chicken soup, or are you planning to have the entire family home next week with a stomach virus?

chocolate moose

Post Posted: Fri, May 16 2008, 10:10 am       Post subject:
that's a long time for anything, muc less something sensitive like a chicken dish.
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next