Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
I just broke my fast:(

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 6:31 am
I'm pregnant and I don't fast well. I got a heter to fast only until morning, and to try til chatzos if I can. I thought I'll be able to push it a bit longer, but after a sleepless night, at 6am I couldn't do it anymore!

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 6:36 am
Be proud of yourself you fasted the night!
You did the right thing.you are following what your rov told you to do.
The night is stricter then the day.

I know people who arent pregnant who are only fasting the night.

As a mother of an unborn baby you are doing the right thing.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 6:47 am
I also broke the fast in this morning because of pregnancy.
You are keeping torah to eating you doing a mitzvah kol hakavod.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 6:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm pregnant and I don't fast well. I got a heter to fast only until morning, and to try til chatzos if I can. I thought I'll be able to push it a bit longer, but after a sleepless night, at 6am I couldn't do it anymore!

Be proud!
I couldn’t manage even that!
I knew I won’t fast for many valid reasons but I didn’t even remember to make havdala before I snacked on motzei shabbes

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 8:15 am
My rav told me not to fast in the first place and to make havdalah motzash. I followed his instructions, no guilt. (Not pregnant)

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 8:20 am
When I was pregnant (easy, normal pregnancy) I was told by my rav not to fast at all. Also, it's a nidche OP so please do not feel bad.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 8:47 am
I'm pregnant too. I wasn't feeling well last night and threw up so that was that I drank water. Dont feel guilty.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 9:45 am
Thanks everyone!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 9:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Tehillim 30: Chayim birtzono. Life according to HIS terms, and His terms today is that you didn't have to fast. Do you know the famous story of Reb Zishe and Reb Elimelech in jail with the chamber pot?
This IS your mitzvah. No need to frown. At least not for this.
B'shaa tova.

(I didn't fast one nidche years ago because of a complication.)

Chloe22

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 10:17 am
Broke my fast. Walked yesterday 40 minutes in 100 degree heat to visit my husband in rehab and then walked back. Heat made me sick.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 10:18 am
Broke my fast. Walked yesterday 40 minutes in 100 degree heat to visit my husband in rehab and then walked back. Heat made me sick.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 10:21 am
I broke my fast a few hours ago (after chatzot here). I get migraines and my rav told me that on a nidche tzom if you are not feeling well, even before the migraine actually arrives, I should break my fast. So I did. I dont feel guilty at all. I did what I was told was ok for me for the day.
OP, dont feel guilty. You have to do what is right for you.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 10:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The only reason I didn’t break my fast last night was because I went to sleep at 8:15 with my little one!! I just woke up also after a very sleepless night and lots of going back to sleep, and I am going to the kitchen to get something to eat and drink.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:22 pm
kgh180 wrote:

Refuah shleima! To you and your husband.

miami85

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:30 pm
when I was a yoledes and not even required to fast on tisha b'av, I looked up the halachos regarding eating and havdala (was also a sunday) and motzai Shabbos the havdala was really weird which I didn't have the head to contend with having a newborn, but by day it was much simpler so I was happy to wait until morning.

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 7:31 pm
I just broke my fast at 7:15pm. Grr. I’m so disappointed in myself. My two year has been so difficult today, beyond what I’ve experienced. Hitting, biting, making my 4 year old cry. By the time I got through bedtime for one I was shaking and so dizzy but I could have pushed myself harder. We asked the Rav before shabbos since I was sick with a virus all
Last week. He said it’s a nidcha and I don’t need to but I still feel crummy.

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 7:35 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I broke my fast a few hours ago (after chatzot here). I get migraines and my rav told me that on a nidche tzom if you are not feeling well, even before the migraine actually arrives, I should break my fast. So I did. I dont feel guilty at all. I did what I was told was ok for me for the day.
OP, dont feel guilty. You have to do what is right for you.

I wish your rabbi was my rabbi and he told me this. I have a huge headache and still have close to 2 hours to go. It's not a caffeine headache because I don't normally drink caffinated coffee. I didn't even ask my rabbi before because I didn't know this headache would happen. Sad

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 7:38 pm
amother [ PlumPink ] wrote:
I wish your rabbi was my rabbi and he told me this. I have a huge headache and still have close to 2 hours to go. It's not a caffeine headache because I don't normally drink caffinated coffee. I didn't even ask my rabbi before because I didn't know this headache would happen. Sad

What did your rov say?

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 7:40 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
What did your rov say?

I didn't ask anything because I didn't know I would get this headache today. I don't want to ask now either. It's too late, I might as well just pull through the rest of the day. It's embarrassing to ask when I'm so close to the finish line.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note