Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Early Intervention Partners Training Project

Does your child receive any EI services
No bh  
 42%  [ 15 ]
Yes (TYH for therapy services!)  
 28%  [ 10 ]
Have received in the past and it’s been a god-send!!  
 28%  [ 10 ]
Yes but I was not happy with the services received  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 35

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 7:13 pm
Anyone who’s kid is/has received services from EI; did you get the letter with an option for taking a training?

If yes, would you attend?

amother
Hosta

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 11:53 pm
Ei services vary by state, which location are you asking about.
Here in NJ I did not receive any such letter, would probably have attended but honestly most mothers I know are too busy and wouldn't bother. The ones I feel would go are those whose children have a diagnosis and would feel it's part of doing whatever they can to help the child.
I don't know what kind of training is offered but sometimes those type of things end up being more "fluff" than really walking out with hands on tools. Especially given that 0-3 is a huge range developmentally and that is before you throw possible diagnoses in the mix

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 10:53 am
Your poll answers are pretty extreme. What if I can say that EI was a good support for my kid without gushing that it was a "lifesver"?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)