Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Is there a need for another good solid BY sleepaway camp?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:15 am
Beingreal wrote:
Wearing the same camp shirts is not such a bad idea...

We tried this in the day camp and it was a disaster. The parents did not appreciate it at all!

Beingreal

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:17 am
I hear that. A dress code I think is great.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 3:37 pm
I’m doing tons of research.

Can someone give me clarity as to why did the following camps not take off the way they should have?

Camp ahuva
Camp Lehava
Camp bnos naaleh

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 1:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Can someone give me clarity as to why did the following camps not take off the way they should have?

Camp ahuva
Camp Lehava
Camp bnos naaleh

Bump

cnc

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 2:39 pm
I only heard of Camp Lehava. From what I know it took off nicely. I know a few people that went there …it does attract more of a ritzyish heimish crowd . Not the simple no frills crowd.

STovah

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 2:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Camp ahuva
Camp Lehava
Camp bnos naaleh

I’ve heard nice things about these camps and know girls who go to all of these. Not sure what you mean by ‘did not take off the way they should have.’

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 3:20 pm
Huh? Camp bnos Naaleh is a super star camp.
Its one of the most “in” camps there is.
Camp Ahuva is only 2 years old, finding it’s way now.
Camp Lehava is an interesting mix. Opened on bad footing with a bad campgrounds but COVID helped them by filling them up.
All three are completely different hashkafically
Are you at all involved in the camping world, because it doesn’t sound like it.

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 4:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Camp ahuva
Camp Lehava
Camp bnos naaleh

My daughter is really happy at Lehava. It is an in town crowd but not ritzy like the Flatbush school she goes to. It's low key and really warm. It's smallish and they just love it. It's been steadily growing. Full price camp but everything included no extra surprises for camp shirts or canteen or tips.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:44 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Huh? Camp bnos Naaleh is a super star camp.
Its one of the most “in” camps there is.
Camp Ahuva is only 2 years old, finding it’s way now.
Camp Lehava is an interesting mix. Opened on bad footing with a bad campgrounds but COVID helped them by filling them up.
All three are completely different hashkafically
Are you at all involved in the camping world, because it doesn’t sound like it.

Camp Ahuva is opening only for one half this year. And iv been in touch with people who hve an “in” over there…..
Camp Lahava is very small and not the typical according to someone who worked there since they opened and isn’t going back this year.
I personally don’t have a link to bnos naaleh but from why iv been hearing around it’s not as big and as accepted as other camps but I might be wrong.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:13 pm
I work in the field. I don’t want to give too many details.
I don’t like to say not nice things about any camp so I didn’t want to write too much.
As you see, there are mothers here that are happy with these camps, so why say something negative, although I might feel like they are not top top, they are perfect for their daughters.
It seems like your pretty disconnected to the overnight scene. While you are doing some research, it seems like your not really chapping the nuances.
Do you have any overnight experience? Are you connected with the directors and hc of the big camps?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 4:42 am
I don’t like to say not nice things about any camp so I didn’t want to write too much.
As you see, there are mothers here that are happy with these camps, so why say something negative, although I might feel like they are not top top, they are perfect for their daughters.
It seems like your pretty disconnected to the overnight scene. While you are doing some research, it seems like your not really chapping the nuances.
Do you have any overnight experience? Are you connected with the directors and hc of the big camps?

Yes. I have spoken to camp directors, financial staff and others…. Do I “get” every nuance of every single camp, probably not. Does that mean that I can’t ask around? No. Did you read the whole thread? I very clearly wrote I was a director of a day camp not an overnight. Does that mean I don’t know what it entrails running a sleepaway camp? Very likely and therefore I’m gathering as much information as I can and that’s why I’m asking the questions. Clearly If I’d know every single detail of every single camp I wouldn’t start this thread.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 6:08 am
my oldest will be up to camp not this summer but the summer after.we are slowly listening to her friends and neighbors so she we can apply early and have a better idea of camps. shes in a very well known hard to get into daycamp in our neighborhood its not big so she can shine. I hope to send her to a camp thats not too small to take away the fun l, but also not a huge camp so every kid can shine. As a mother I also dont mind paying regular price. but feel they are wasting money on stupid stuff. I would love a talent camp. I'm not intrested in cazy plain old fashion fun activities . I also find some of these ideas to be crazier than spending money. a neighbor was describing an activity that involved put something gross in their hair. I like the poster that said a theater camp and focusing on music and production. As long as its not the same girls each summer being the stars. maybe even teach a thing or too. develope the kids talent and grow in confidence. I wonder if everyone wants another Ra Ra camp or some are lookong for something different

amother
Iris

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 6:15 am

Agreed. And it’s really hard to break in. You need someone with serious overnight experience on your team.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 11:28 pm
Any updates op?
Are you opening a camp for next year?

Beingreal

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 2:59 am
wondering the same ...

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 3:03 am
Didn’t read all the comments but it’s untrue that it’s easier to get in second half for the good camps. Was impossible to get into Chaviva this year even for August. There’s a huge need for a camp like Chaviva. Frills and all. I think the posters that said there isn’t a need aren’t part of those circles.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 4:58 am
Are u opening op?

Beingreal

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 5:47 am
yes, I want to know too!

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 7:09 pm
Op is this camp levavi? If it is can you please tell us more about it
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps