Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Influencers and reviews!
Previous  1  2

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 5:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
So I went out to a restaurant that a bunch of influencers said how amazing the food is how great the place is. And that it’s reasonably priced. Me and my husband needed an outing and I told him let’s try this place , he was all for it we showed up the place was empty, we were sticking to the floor it was so dirty. I decided maybe the food is good well no whatever we ordered was gross . I was so disappointed I don’t go out often and I was hyped into believing more than one instagramer/influencer. How is this even allowed?

They are like the used car salesmen trying to sell you a lemon by pretending its the best car in the world. Would you buy the car without having a mechanic do a full check on it because a used car salesman says its a fantastic car? Its the same with the influencers, why buy anything these influencers sell for a profit without doing your own research on the product?

The influencers should all be forced to do this so we know what the truth really is:

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 6:41 pm
Please message them and ask them to stop doing geneivah

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 6:44 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:

They are beyond that unfortunately. They are only seeing the $$$'s.
A moral and upstanding person would never engage in such activity to begin with.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 6:50 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:

There's no use. They'll proceed to block that person and call them out publicly.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 6:51 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
There's no use. They'll proceed to block that person and call them out publicly.

Exactly this!!

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 7:17 pm
Il never forget the post pesach sticky countertops fiasco. People were so proud of influencers for "admitting" they were affected also and apologizing for promoting the counter top covering product. All I could think was how rude it was for the influencers to jump ship and abandon the company they advertised just because they saw they were on a sinking ship. Like don't all of a sudden switch back to the consumers side because you look dumb now

BaltoMom65

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 7:27 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
I 100% agree with you, but then I think maybe I am the idiot because I actually work my tail off and don’t make nearly what they do. 🤷‍♀️
Never think this way. Drug dealers and pimps make way more than I do but it's better to earn honest money even if you're sweeping dirt in the streets

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 7:56 pm
amother Plum wrote:
Il never forget the post pesach sticky countertops fiasco. People were so proud of influencers for "admitting" they were affected also and apologizing for promoting the counter top covering product. All I could think was how rude it was for the influencers to jump ship and abandon the company they advertised just because they saw they were on a sinking ship. Like don't all of a sudden switch back to the consumers side because you look dumb now

Total side point but there was an article in one of the frum magazines saying that even the company was duped they owned up to their mistakes and returned a lot if money to people

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 8:01 pm
amother Birch wrote:
Total side point but there was an article in one of the frum magazines saying that even the company was duped they owned up to their mistakes and returned a lot if money to people

I didn't even think badly of the company (admittedly I wasn't affected) but it was such a joke watching the influencers trying to be all genuine and sincere to their followers by bashing the counter top people but you couldn't take them seriously because they were raving about the product two weeks prior. And they were saying "oiy we were victims we tried it out and this product isn't the same" like now you know people are upset at you so you'll say whatever it is just to be on the right side of the money. I would have had a lot more respect if they apologized for advertising the product while still maintaining respect for the brand they were all raving about the week before. Was just so desperate

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 8:06 pm
Every influencer lies!!!
They are all in it for the money
I learnt not to buy anything and run from anything a influencer posts…
Be it clothing
Cookbooks
Outings
Restaurants
Recipes
EVERYTHING IS FAKE & LIES.
They are trying to sell you everything and anything…

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 8:10 pm
amother Azure wrote:
if it was sponsored how’d she word it? I wonder why she wouldn’t skip the review
So awkward

She worded it VERY carefully.
She didn't rave and for example in one post wrote it wasn't as expected but she was excited to see it. (Ie see not TASTE lol)
I love this influencer so I don't want to out her

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 8:14 pm
Best day of my life? They day I deleted my IG account for good. Then ruthlessly removed Whatsapp statuses. I recently realized that Chanuka is coming and I'm genuinely excited to just enjoy and spend time with my family. I have no one yapping in my ear about how to make Chanuka meaningful for my children via buying things I don't need and cooking food my family won't eat and setting up ridiculously fancy parties.

The spirit is here. It's in my heart. It's been nice to be able to hear myself think.

I used to be this way - getting upset at the injustice of influencers. Take them out of your life, instead.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 8:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Exactly this!!

One time an influencer was pushing something and I asked her if it was sponsored and when she said yes, I said very politely you know that it's the law to say #ad or #sponsored #gifted etc, you can't just assume that people know because you mentioned it three days ago, or never.

She started screaming at me via dm!!

It shouldn't be a thing that people have to say when things are not sponsored because every time something is given as a gift or they get paid money for it they need to own that.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 8:40 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
But many do lie. A while back, an influencer was talking that she never uses a vacuum cleaner because a broom cleans the best. She only sweeps her home. I replied to that story that I thought I was the only one that only uses a broom at home... to which she replied "lol, my kids vacuum." Like it's some sort of joke. So she basically lied and made me feel like 2 cents. And I thought she was one of the honest influencers. We should take everything they say with a grain of salt.

This reminds me of summer 2020 when I spent a shabbos in the same hotel program as an influencer. She posted a picture of the mask rules on her page and wrote how spending all shabbos in a mask was so strange. I messaged her that I was there and no one was wearing masks and she responded casually- "haha, nopes!" I learnt a lesson on trusting influencers that day 🤥

Ruchi

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 10:06 pm
Influencers are taking you for a ride and are laughing all the way to the bank.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 10:30 pm
This is one of the reason I got off Instagram. In the beginning it was about cooking and recipes....Then all of a sudden, it became about polished influencers, always promoting a company, store, product or restauant. I had enuf of that, it was nauseating...I decided that I have had it with listening to ads, cloaked in supposed experts!!

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 10:33 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
Best day of my life? They day I deleted my IG account for good. Then ruthlessly removed Whatsapp statuses. I recently realized that Chanuka is coming and I'm genuinely excited to just enjoy and spend time with my family. I have no one yapping in my ear about how to make Chanuka meaningful for my children via buying things I don't need and cooking food my family won't eat and setting up ridiculously fancy parties.

The spirit is here. It's in my heart. It's been nice to be able to hear myself think.

I used to be this way - getting upset at the injustice of influencers. Take them out of your life, instead.

Kol Hakovod!🥇
I have a lot of respect for you!

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 10:51 pm
I also just deleted my IG app. I thought I'd feel a void. Like I'm missing out. But all I feel is freedom and less noise in my brain.

essie14

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 1:58 am
Please stop following Influencers and then coming here to complain.
Ask people you know about restaurants. Read Google reviews and TripAdvisor.
That influencer received a free meal and the red carpet was rolled out for her. Of course she will rave about it.
Remember how life was before influencers existed?
You asked your neighbors- what's a nice local restaurant?
Do you like your vacuum cleaner?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media