Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Help a sick mother get kosher food for her family

shanie5

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 10:31 pm
Posted with permission from Yael:

To preface, this is for the widow of my dh's friend.
This is the facebook message he received (I'm forwarding it with her permission). Link to the facebook post is at the bottom of the message.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow I am scheduled for cycle 4 of chemo. Cycle 3 was exhausting with some side effects but not as bad as cycle 1; yet more tiring and mentally draining than cycle 2. I think I slept more than I have since I was a baby in the last two weeks and that’s what my body needs evidently to make the best use of the chemo and destroy the cancer cells! It is so unnatural for me and I’m going with the flow and listening to my body! If you want to help with our meal train, details are below…

ALTERNATIVE MEAL TRAIN…

Who: Chana Rivka Hersh, Shai, & Nechama

What: Alternative meal train across the miles

When: On-going

Why: We are living on my family farm in South Texas away from a Jewish community as I go through six months of chemotherapy for colon cancer. Treatment is every other week with in hospital treatment for 1/2 day then another 46 hours of chemo at home with a pump. The exhaustion is greatly impacting me as well as other side affects that come and go. Since we keep a kosher diet, a friend in Cleveland asked how she could help get kosher food to us and that is how this alternative meal train got started being the closest kosher restaurants and Jewish community is 2-2.5 hours away.

Boruch HaShem/thank G-d through the help of people I didn’t even know I was connected with a wonderful lady and personal chef out of Houston, Shoshana Isaacson, who has organized a way for our family to have food delivered every two weeks. She has prepared an ala carte menu for our family. Anyone can purchase meals and she will have them delivered to our home.

Individuals can purchase a meal or whole entree, and/or just donate monies toward meals. Her intention is to continue this throughout the course of chemotherapy. She will fill up a calendar as monies/orders come in so everything isn’t sent at once; yet, allowing the us to have plenty over a two week period.

“It wasn’t until I had received our first delivery of food that I realized how much of a help it was to have food in the freezer that Shai, Nechama, and/or I could just pull out and pop in the oven/microwave for a meal. I was in tears realizing I NO LONGER had to FIGURE IT ALL OUT ALONE! I could focus more on my children and the healing process. We appreciate your love, tefillos/prayers, and support!”

If you want to help, attached is the menu and Shoshana’s contact info and how to contribute. Feel free to text me or PM me if you have any questions.

How to help:

Chef Shoshana Isaacson
The Out of Town Cook
All meals are prepared to order
Payment: Zelle (under Cynthia Emuna) or Cashapp – call, text, or email for details.
Shoshana Isaacson 443-226-9356 theoutoftowncook@gmail.com

Thank you for helping!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://m.facebook.com/story.p.....hDh1V

(The facebook post also has a list of menu items and their cost)

For tehillim, her name is Chana Rifka bas Sarah
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics