Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Define 'LOL'!

DreamerForever

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 6:30 pm
Just for fun.

Tell me your definition of 'LOL':

1] Literally 'laugh out loud' - (as in: this is just too funny for words! Lol!)

2] That's pretty funny (as in: 'haha')

3] I dunno how to respond, but don't wanna be rude so I'll throw you a bone (As in Speechless )

4] Um, I wanna say something; but I feel awkward and afraid of judgement, so the 'lol' following my words tells you I am laughing at myself, so you don't need to... (As in: 'I wish I would have gotten a chanuka gift, LOL.' or 'D'you think I need therapy?, LOL')

5] I gotta lighten the atmosphere 'round here, so I'll pepper the room with LOL-s...

Open to many more options, LOL Wink

Surrendered

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 6:32 pm
How about a mix of all. Depending on the occasion, text...

SwissAlps

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 6:34 pm
I usually use lol for definition #2. Definition #1 gets the laughing emoji. I definitely don't use lol for the other definitions.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 6:37 pm
6. Tone marker meaning the statement (which would otherwise seem completely serious) isn't meant to be taken 100% seriously. Example: I can't keep up with all this laundry, lol. (Meaning: I'm actually having trouble with the laundry, but I'm not drowning in it, and I don't need to be rescued.)

DreamerForever

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 7:02 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
6. Tone marker meaning the statement (which would otherwise seem completely serious) isn't meant to be taken 100% seriously. Example: I can't keep up with all this laundry, lol. (Meaning: I'm actually having trouble with the laundry, but I'm not drowning in it, and I don't need to be rescued.)

Good one.

DreamerForever

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 9:20 pm
Surrendered wrote:
How about a mix of all. Depending on the occasion, text...

Totally. How else do you use this versatile 'word'?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics