Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Do You Love Shabbos?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Do You Love Shabbos?
Yes!  
 76%  [ 73 ]
Are you kidding? with the kids home all day? No way!  
 5%  [ 5 ]
only if I get to go away (or buy take-out)  
 0%  [ 0 ]
I wouldn't say "love," but I do like Shabbos.  
 17%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 95

Pizza

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 8:10 am
I confess - I dont LOVE shabbos.
I like it.
I am working on feeling the kdusha.
I try to stop the craziness as I bentsh licht, and feel the malka coming in. I want my kids to feel it.
With three teens, it too often becomes a sleep-and-eat-a-thon, with people joining and leaving the table intermittently and sporadically.
Too often, I get caught up in the food prep and lose the ruchniyus prep.
I get to shul infrequently.
I learn parsha infrequently.
That is not what I believe in, Im a big proponent (and past participant) in women's learning, in tuning into the spirituality of each zman... yet, I poop out, and default to caterer status.

I gotta get back to basics.
Plain chicken and roasted veggies, big salads. Forget the KBD ideas. Start learning Netivot Shalom with my kids again. Sleep less Shabbos afternoon, play with kids more. (how am I gonna do that with this co-sleeping thing? never get any continuous sleep at nite... I feel continuously sleep deprived, sans caffeine, which keeps the baby up more than she already is... Help )

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 8:34 am
I LOOOOOOOOOVE shabbat. it is my favorite day of the week.

growing up, there was an uncle moishie song, dont remember the name but it went "shabbos is going away, the sky's getting dark......but you (shabbas) will come back next week, we know, cause we love you so....." and I used to ask my mother to put that record on after havdalah and I would actually cry:)

and now since I have been married, shabbat to me is also something else special. all week we are both at work and not home all of the time. shabbat is a day when we are home with family (now my husband and little gilr:>) and there are no distractions at all, no phones, no computer:) no anything that you do not want, just family and zemirot and divrei torah and fun discussions at the table and of course that wonderful shabbat afternoon nap:)

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 9:26 am
There is nothing NOTHING like a good Shabbos shluf in the afternoon when my 3 older ones (12, 10, 8) keep an eye on the two younger ones (4 and 2).

No shul for me with little ones. We do get out to the park sometimes on Shabbos morning. And I'll sit on the bench outside my building with the other ladies in the afternoon as our kids play in the street.

That's about as spiritual as it gets at my place... And, yes, Shalhevet - taking care of our kids is where we're supposed to be and it's very spiritual, now that you mention in ( 2 years ago haha).

Motek

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 9:08 pm
The poll results are heartwarming Smile

greenfire

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 9:22 pm
shabbos is not describable - can you explain the spiritual uplifting ... the quiet introspective we gain ... the family time we cherish ... going to shul and davening ... making it special from the clothes we wear to the food that we put on the table decked in glorious decor ...

do you know that you can make havdalah till tuesday because it takes that long to let the feeling go - and on wednesday we start to prepare once again for the next shabbos ... making shabbos the center & highlight of the week ...

we count the days in davening hayom yom rishon, the first day, sheini the second day ... towards shabbos !!!

שבת שבת שבת

Mrs. XYZ

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 9:31 pm
Quote:
do you know that you can make havdalah till tuesday because it takes that long to let the feeling go - and on wednesday we start to prepare once again for the next shabbos ... making shabbos the center & highlight of the week ...

Yup, there is a Rebbe in E"Y that extends Shabbos till Tuesday and makes havdala then. Dont know the exact details, you could ask Chossidmom. Wink

Although I love Shabbos very much, I do sometimes feels like its too routine.

queen

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 9:38 pm
Mrs. XYZ wrote:
there is a Rebbe in E"Y that extends Shabbos till Tuesday and makes havdala then. Dont know the exact details,

you're referring to the Amshinover Rebbe from Bayit Vegan, Yerushaliyim. If he has to be at a bris or occasion before Tuesday- he has to walk as it's still shabbos for him.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics