Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Getting a flip phone instead of a house line? Advice please

Books

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 7:38 pm
I’m thinking of getting a flip phone to keep at home as a “house line.” Currently we don’t have a house line as my husband and I just use our cellphones for calls. However, our kids are getting older and it would be nice for them to have access to a phone line when they need it and in case we want to leave the kids home alone. The benefit of having another cellphone as opposed to a real house line is that I can let my older kids take it with them if they are going bike riding with friends or something like that.
So my question is- any specific phone and phone plan that you’d recommend? (I don’t want the phone to have internet access if possible.). If you’ve tried this and decided that the house line is just a better idea, please let me know also.
Thanks!

Blessing1

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 7:41 pm
We have a talk only flip phone as a house phone. Local cell phone stores in the tri state area sell them. The phone is about $125 and then $25 a month unlimited talk.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 11:05 pm
This isn't our house line but I do have a family cell phone that is an Alcatel flip, TAGged to only have calling (no text) and I pay $8/month to Tello for unlimited calls.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics