Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Does your school, playgroup, daycare have set rules?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 2:23 pm
Does your school, playgroup, daycare have a set rule till what time a child cld be dropped off in the morning? One of my students gets dropped off lately around 11am and naptime is 11:15 so she doesnt nap bec she wakes up late.... then I need to entertain child till kids wake up at 1:30....
Is it right what this parent is doing?

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 2:33 pm
I have never had set rules at my kids school or play groups but I did not send them to school until they were past the nap stage. I was pretty loose on getting my kids on time before pre1a, I went more based on my own needs and work schedule, but I still paid tuition and wanted them to get most of the days worth. I don't think I never dropped off more then an hour late max.

I would assume that a kid getting there so late is the mother is dealing with something overwhelming and maybe you can nicely ask her about it.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 2:35 pm
Ours allows late drop off within reason, but being so off schedule doesn’t seem to be working. Do the parents understand that she’s there just for nap time basically?

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 2:35 pm
I’m a morah, don’t have rules, but at nap time everyone has to go into their crib (12pm) tired or not. Sometimes I’ll let a kid take a toy with them in their crib.

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 2:43 pm
Yes mine allows up to an hour late otherwise they can’t come for the day (10am)

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 2:47 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
Yes mine allows up to an hour late otherwise they can’t come for the day (10am)

That sounds rigid. Like if my kid has an appointment I drop them off later than that. But I (and my kids daycare) would not be ok with a kid coming at 10 if they slept till then and won’t nap more than once in a very blue moon.

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 4:14 pm
I work in a daycare. There aren’t rules, but such a scenario would annoy me. Once in a while, ok, but not every day. I would try to talk to the mother and if that doesn’t help, talk to the director. I would also do like amother oak and put the child in whether or not they’re tired. But that doesn’t work if the child is very noisy and wakes up the class.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 4:25 pm
I'm a playgroup morah and this is a huge pet peeve of mine. If everyone naps at 11, don't walk in at 10:50 telling me your child already napped. Now he will disturb all the other napping children.
Yes they all go into their sleeping spots anyway. I can't have one running around while the others are trying to sleep.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 4:38 pm
My son's playgroup has a rule that you can bring till 10:30, unless there's extenuating circumstances and you arranged before that you'll bring later. She also has a rule that the kids have to nap/be in their cot and she has sent a kid because he disturbed other kids at nap time & they couldn't sleep.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 5:01 pm
Rigidity is not fair to parents, let’s say my kid has a weekly therapy appointment and I bring him at 10:30 every morning, I would never agree to pay full babysitting costs for the day if I couldn’t drop him off when the appointment finished.

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 5:12 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
That sounds rigid. Like if my kid has an appointment I drop them off later than that. But I (and my kids daycare) would not be ok with a kid coming at 10 if they slept till then and won’t nap more than once in a very blue moon.

If it’s something that’s every week like therapy you can arrange with the school. It’s the rule in general. If it’s a one time appointment then yes they ask you keep your child home
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics