Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
What boys can think of doing

proudmom

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 2:02 pm
On Yom Tov there was a boy around the age of nine took 2 mens talasim (not sure of Sp) and tied them together and when the 2 men came to get them they couldnt move.

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 2:22 pm
LOL

supermom

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 5:13 pm
that was funny.

shanie5

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 10:39 pm
they used to do that all the time when I was growing up- only on simchas torah though. it got to the point where the men would tie their talaisim in front ogf them so the boys couldnt 'get' them LOL embarrassed LOL

proudmom

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 11:50 pm
lol, why simchas torah?

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Fri, Oct 28 2005, 1:40 am
LOL, that's cute.

willow

Post Fri, Oct 28 2005, 2:03 am
My Dh and his friends were all talking about pranks similar to these that occured on simchas torah. My question is where did this come from, why on simchas torah?

lucky

Post Fri, Oct 28 2005, 8:58 am
It is an old minhag, my husband could not give a reason, but says it's been done for generations.

shanie5

Post Fri, Oct 28 2005, 10:59 am
my guess is that on simchas torah everybody is a little more relaxed and in a good mood and wants to have fun. so the fathers dont get so upset if their tallis is tied on simchas than if they would if it was a regular shabbos or yom tov.
so why not purim? kids are too busy w/ their noisemakers, costumes, and shaloch manos delivery plans to bother w/ talleisim then Very Happy

Rivka

Post Sat, Oct 29 2005, 5:03 pm
Someone used to do that in my shul where I grew up, but instead of tallis he would tie shoes together and he was an MP and it was Yom Kippur and he would do it to the Cohanim's shoes while they are blessing the cong...of all the cheek, he was a complete nut.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Oct 29 2005, 8:27 pm
I think some shuls have kiddush before hakafos so some of the men are a little bit hyper...
I think I remember one simchas torah, my father was chazan for mussaf and someone tied his shoelaces together -- NOT a very good prank if you're davening shemoneh esrei. he was NOT happy about it. that's not called for.

lucky

Post Sun, Oct 30 2005, 7:07 am
Where I live, The chazan for Musaf "knows" that he will be subjected to many pranks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics