Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
16 month old clingy

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 01 2023, 8:14 pm
I feel bad complaining about this because I love my baby and I truly enjoy spending most of my time with her .
Most. Not all
She’s in such a phase where she screams if my husband holds her and wants me to hold her all the time. I’m six months pregnant so this is getting very uncomfortable and I’m pushing her to walk . Today for instance, I can’t eat my meals because she’ll only want to eat off my plate. I had her all shabbos because I always do while my husbands at minyan and he sleeps when he comes back. I took her outside for three hours to entertain herself this afternoon which was fine because we both enjoy being outside but then she wouldn’t even go to my husband so that I could eat and bentch. (She never does) he tried to read her a book before going to maariv but she screamed and came to me. I need to have some time to myself please help. I don’t understand why she won’t let her father do anything.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sat, Apr 01 2023, 9:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
I feel bad complaining about this because I love my baby and I truly enjoy spending most of my time with her .
Most. Not all
She’s in such a phase where she screams if my husband holds her and wants me to hold her all the time. I’m six months pregnant so this is getting very uncomfortable and I’m pushing her to walk . Today for instance, I can’t eat my meals because she’ll only want to eat off my plate. I had her all shabbos because I always do while my husbands at minyan and he sleeps when he comes back. I took her outside for three hours to entertain herself this afternoon which was fine because we both enjoy being outside but then she wouldn’t even go to my husband so that I could eat and bentch. (She never does) he tried to read her a book before going to maariv but she screamed and came to me. I need to have some time to myself please help. I don’t understand why she won’t let her father do anything.

Does she nap at all? Do you get to rest when she naps? If not that’s very hard. She is still a baby 16 months is so little it’s a hard phase but I’m sure it passes.

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Apr 01 2023, 10:13 pm
She “knows” you’re pregnant. I wonder if you’re having same gender because they sense that too and get more clingy if that’s the case.

Either way. It’s hard but a normal stage of toddlerhood. She will come around. Just try to remember it’s a blip in life. You’ll get your space one day.

amother
Topaz

Post Sat, Apr 01 2023, 10:30 pm
Op I feel you…I have the same thing with my 16 month old and I’m not pregnant. It’s really hard!

SG18

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 5:58 am
The only way through it is to allow your husband to take over occasionally. She needs to learn that he won't just defer back to you, to pass this stage.

nelliesmellie

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 6:17 am
Let your husband bribe her with treats to come over and see what he wants to play or read. Let him be the exciting one
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics