Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Questions on haggadah / yetzias mitzrayim / pesach

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 8:46 am
Coming off the questions on Purim thread I have a few questions on pesach (and please feel free to share yours as well)

The idea that we always say that Hashem had to take us out of mitzrayim before we reached the 50th level of tumah otherwise we never would have been able to get out.. Was it intended that we go out early to begin with ? (because we say hashem already calculated the number to begin the 400 years earlier than we actually worked... ) or was there like kind of two plans/options 1 if bnei yisroel remain holy and don't fall vs 2 if they fall to level 49 then they have to go out early... ?

Many different numbers I heard.. 430 (parshat bo) 400 , 210 , 190 , 86... What does each one represent timewise and how many years did we actually work hard labor in mitzrayim ?

what is the difference between chazeres and marror on the pesach keara (tray) (we use only lettuce so I don't get the difference and put lettuce on both)

I heard that there are some who only use two matzos instead of 3. does anyone do that here ?

Reality

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 9:25 am
These are fabulous questions! Can't wait to read some answers!

From what I know:

430 was from bris bein habisarim. 400 from Yitzchaks birth. Klal Yisrael knew the shibbud was supposed to last 400 years. Part of shevet Ephraim escaped from Egypt during year 400 from bris bein habisorim and they were killed and their bones were not buried.

My question: how are we supposed to know when to wait patiently vs. when to jump forward and run to do a mitzvah.

At krias yam suf, Nachshon Ben Aminadav jumped in and is lauded a hero. Yet shevet Efraim also thought they were doing G-d's will.

Having 2 matzoh at the seder is minhag hagra.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 9:36 am
Is it true that not all people are strict to eat afikoman by chatzot ?

what does it mean all the conflicting opinions in the haggadah how many makos the mitzraiiyim got at in egypt and by the yam suf... and for example those that say they got 200 makos at the yam what were those 200 makos (obviously not asking you to list them all)

during the makos , were bnei yisroel stil enslaved

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 9:50 am
Reality wrote:
These are fabulous questions! Can't wait to read some answers!

From what I know:

430 was from bris bein habisarim. 400 from Yitzchaks birth. Klal Yisrael knew the shibbud was supposed to last 400 years. Part of shevet Ephraim escaped from Egypt during year 400 from bris bein habisorim and they were killed and their bones were not buried.

My question: how are we supposed to know when to wait patiently vs. when to jump forward and run to do a mitzvah.

At krias yam suf, Nachshon Ben Aminadav jumped in and is lauded a hero. Yet shevet Efraim also thought they were doing G-d's will.

Having 2 matzoh at the seder is minhag hagra.
the way I heard is that with nachshon there was a whole arguement with shevet binyamin and yehuda as whom which to jump first AFTER Hashem had said to go and travel in... so there was no fault .. but on a regular basis to do something dangerous like that would not be acceptable

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 08 2023, 8:41 pm
I didn't get much responses b4 pesach assuming most people wer busy , but hope maybe now...

Since yom tov I had many more questions..

What are the prohibitions of kitnoyot and gebroks based on (what is the reasoning)

was matza eaten in mitzrayim (like said in ha lachma anya) or on the way going out of mitzrayim (like R gamliel said) ?

It says they baked the bread bec. they had no time so they made it matza... firstly they knew before hand that they were going out so why didnt they make it bread and secondly to the contrary they were warned no to own/have chametz so that is why they made matzos and not chametz so why did it say because there was no time etc..

are there families today who stay up the whole night discussing yetzias mitzrayim ?

what is the metaphor/lesson of chad gadya about ?

essie14

Post Sat, Apr 08 2023, 9:07 pm
Kitniyot
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitniyot

Gebroks came about because people were worried that the matza may not be fully baked and if there's still flour on it, when you add water, it could become chametz. So they instituted the chumra.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics