Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Segulah for refuah?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 5:44 pm
A family member of mine is going through a medical crisis. My family has been crushed by it and everyday is another fear what will today bring.
Id love to take on a kabalah but I get so overwhelmed at choosing. I've taken on things in the past that I just fell back on and it bothers me. Eg no watching. Does anyone know of a specific refuah segulah? Maybe 40 day thing

amother
Brass

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 5:52 pm
Say Tehillim
We asked a big Gadol when my niece was diagnosed and were told "say Tehillim". B"H she is doing well!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 5:54 pm
amother Brass wrote:
Say Tehillim
We asked a big Gadol when my niece was diagnosed and were told "say Tehillim". B"H she is doing well!

Thank you! I'm going to start as much as I could. I get so overwhlemed cos there's lots of talk about tznius and technology out there. If I.just begin down that route there is lots I need to change and it panics me.

tweety1

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 6:15 pm
There's anything in tznius, there's lighting a candle for r' Menachem mendel m'rimnov, there's dividing tehillem between people so that every day the entire sefer tehillem gets said(we are doing it now for a family member for a refuah),

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 6:25 pm
Whatever you do, do it with this intent: What I'm choosing to do as a zechus is something that will enhance my avodas Hashem and connection to Hashem. BeH I should see the peiros I'm davening for. But until then, I cherish the closeness to Hashem that is building up and is nourishing me through this difficult time.
And I also know that just like no tefillos are ever wasted, so too, this will never be a wasted effort.
Refuah shleima! Hugs!

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 6:30 pm
Rabbi Wallerstein said that when someone came to Rabbi Gamliel Rabinowitz with problems he always asked, how is your kibud av v em? He believed that it’s the source of all issues and if a person improves in it he has many yeshuos. Hugs and refuah shleima.

ellacoe

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 11:31 pm
I don't know a specific kabalah for refuah. However it is often easier to keep to a kablah where it is adding something instead of taking away. For example, trying to be more careful about Brachot is easier to keep to rather than depriving yourself of something. Choosing one or more perek of thillim and saying those few over and over again, if saying the whole sefer or an amount is difficult. Choose things that are meaningful but realistic.

amother
Candycane

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 11:39 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
Rabbi Wallerstein said that when someone came to Rabbi Gamliel Rabinowitz with problems he always asked, how is your kibud av v em? He believed that it’s the source of all issues and if a person improves in it he has many yeshuos. Hugs and refuah shleima.

That’s funny because when DH and I went to see him he asked me if I respected my husband.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 8:14 am
amother Candycane wrote:
That’s funny because when DH and I went to see him he asked me if I respected my husband.

I guess the lesson is, we should show kavod to everyone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational