Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Apple kugel/crisp without oil

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 1:39 am
Does anyone have a recipe for apple kugel, preferably a crisp, without oil?

And very limited ingredients… so basically can use just nuts potato starch sugar eggs …

No vanilla sugar margarine baking powder etc

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 1:45 am
Can you use a nut butter? Or do you have a food processor strong enough to make your own?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 1:47 am
Mix equal amounts ground nuts and potato starch, add sugar, and only egg yolks to get that crisp since you're not using oil. (Add cinnamon if you use it.) Pinch together until you get crumbs.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 6:13 am
ra_mom wrote:
Mix equal amounts ground nuts and potato starch, add sugar, and only egg yolks to get that crisp since you're not using oil. (Add cinnamon if you use it.) Pinch together until you get crumbs.

Ground nuts are very precious as we need to shell and grind them ourselves so do you have exact amounts so I don’t mess up? I’ve messed up way too many times ( haven’t tried this pesach yet but other years) and it’s so upsetting cuz so much hard work gets ruined

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 6:14 am
amother DarkViolet wrote:
Can you use a nut butter? Or do you have a food processor strong enough to make your own?

No but yes I have a braun.

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 8:57 am
We made baked apples by cutting cored apples in half, putting an inch of water in the pan, and sprinkling ground pecans and cinnamonnover the tops. Covered and baked for 1.5 hours at 350 and was delicious

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 9:09 am
amother OP wrote:
Ground nuts are very precious as we need to shell and grind them ourselves so do you have exact amounts so I don’t mess up? I’ve messed up way too many times ( haven’t tried this pesach yet but other years) and it’s so upsetting cuz so much hard work gets ruined

I do use oil so hard to say but I would do 3/4 cup ground nuts, 3/4 cup potato starch, 1/2 cup sugar. Mix well. Slowly add in 2 lightly beaten egg yolks and mix and pinch with your fingers until you get crumbs.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 9:52 am
ra_mom wrote:
I do use oil so hard to say but I would do 3/4 cup ground nuts, 3/4 cup potato starch, 1/2 cup sugar. Mix well. Slowly add in 2 lightly beaten egg yolks and mix and pinch with your fingers until you get crumbs.

Thank you!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics