Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Just a vent.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 11:36 am
Deep breath.

This is a just a vent. I’m sure I will be fine in a little bit. Once I talk to a cousin or friend or two.

But just offloading here.

I’m on Shlichus faaaaar from my family and over yom Tov it’s so hard to be so far from my family.

Just sat down to plan the last days. And there’s so much cooking to be done. And I just wish I could go to my parents or even have some family here. I do have two members of My husbands family here but I find them really hard to be around ( I know it’s me and I feel like I horrible person that they irritate me and and they are good people)
and they only help in really limited capacities. (Which is fine. I have zero expectations. But it just makes me miss my family more, where it’s more of like a team effort. Like ok. What needs to be made for dinner. I’ll do this. You do this kind of vibe)

Anyway… it’s just so much work so much to cook and host and my husband has unavoidable stuff for chabad tomorrow so he’s not around. And we also have a huge bar mitzvah at our chabad this shabbos. So that’s more cooking and entertaining this shabbos.

And it’s just a lot.

And I am tired.

And I miss being with My family.

I am grateful that we have a thriving Shlichus and we’re able to impact so many people over yom Tov. Some having their first proper Seder in their life. Baruch HaShem.

And I cannot even think about how much this is all costing and where the money is coming from. 🙈🙈🙈🙈 hashem always helps us. And it’s literally miracles from shamayim.

But sometimes it’s a lot.

Just writing this all out makes me feel a bit better.

So thanks for reading.

Happy last days everyone.

tree of life

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 11:57 am
You need to start delegating jobs the family that our staying over could peel potatoes etc if not they can pay towards cleaning help
Plus if u are making a barmitza for a congregate it's your responsibility to not ask for help in cooking no need to be a smatta the Rebbe says you need help to have help
Of course you miss your family please try at a quieter time in your shluchas to go home for a bit

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 11:58 am
Hugs from a fellow shlucha. Heart

giftedmom

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 12:07 pm
From someone who travels often thank you for everything you do. I know it can’t be easy and you’re human like the rest of us. Chabad is doing a tremendous service to all of klal yisroel. We appreciate you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 12:14 pm
tree of life wrote:
You need to start delegating jobs the family that our staying over could peel potatoes etc if not they can pay towards cleaning help
Plus if u are making a barmitza for a congregate it's your responsibility to not ask for help in cooking no need to be a smatta the Rebbe says you need help to have help
Of course you miss your family please try at a quieter time in your shluchas to go home for a bit

Baruch HaShem. I do live in a place with very affordable household help. And I do have extra staff. Peeling and chopping. But only have lady coming tomorrow. And it’s a lot to clean and setup and cook. I guess I neee to do it today.

It’s also the mental headspace. Like do we have enough food. Do we remember to cook everything. Did we forget something crucial.

I actually don’t have money to bring my whole family to visit my family (parents). Iyh we are saving up and and will go summer 2024. (It’s about $10,000 to go visit my family.) hopefully my mother is coming to visit me soon for a bit, cuz I really miss her. My parents are also on Shlichus. So they cannot come for yom Tov.

But I did travel to visit My family by myself recently. So cannot complain. It’s just something about yom Tov to be with them that I miss.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 1:37 pm
You're feelings are so valid! For what its worth, Thank You from the bottom of my heart for being there for every Yid day in and day out. You are so amazing!!!!!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 1:59 pm
I can’t imagine all that work you guys do! I follow a few different shlichus and get exhausted just from watching all the work they constantly do! Can you find extra help to come just for today? When it comes to yom tov- the homesickness for family is the strongest. Whatever feelings you have are very valid!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics