Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What kind of phone do you have

What kind of phone do you have
browser free flip phone  
 15%  [ 24 ]
Smartphone  
 70%  [ 110 ]
No phone  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Two phones (Kosher & Smartphone)  
 12%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 155

Dandelion21

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 5:58 am
Just curious

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 8:38 am
You might want to redo the poll. Kosher phone can mean a lot of things. It can mean flip phone, or a browser-free phone with preloaded apps.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 8:41 am
What PinkFridge said.
I have a TAG-stripped, browser-free smartphone (I got it when the 3G flip phones with the pull-out keyboards were out.)
My daughter has the same. When she's out with friends, let's just say the ones with flip phones have more access than she does. And yet people are so hung up on the smartphone piece.
Yes, Kosher phone can mean alot of things.

shoshana2

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 9:05 am
I have a flip phone for the past 8 years (used to have a smart phone). I got very inspired at the Nekadesh event and recently took off texting.
I love that I no longer have my extra full time job of responding to texts, very freeing.

Congresswoman

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 9:33 am
I have a flip phone for practical reasons.
I don’t believe a phone and the word kosher go together.
Do you have a kosher wash machine? A kosher smoke detector?
Who coined this ridiculous term?

happy chick

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 10:17 am
I was at a wedding recently, using a good old camera to take pictures. One of my mom's chassidishe friends were so impressed I don't have a smartphone . 🤫 Don't tell her, she'll be very disappointed in me 😆

momomany

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 11:16 am
shoshana2 wrote:
I have a flip phone for the past 8 years (used to have a smart phone). I got very inspired at the Nekadesh event and recently took off texting.
I love that I no longer have my extra full time job of responding to texts, very freeing.

I can't understand what is wrong with texting?! or what is inspiring about not texting. As a busy full time working out of home and in wife/daughter/mother/grandmother, I keep all my text messages muted, but my large kh family knows they can text their questions/concerns/just hi I love u and I will eventually get back to them. Texting is also helpful/necessary? logistically in today's modern world of business/bill paying/banking/doctors appointments etc. I get the issue of phone addiction, social media issues and too much screen time hindering real life relationships but cutting off texting in the real world doesn't make sense to me at all as an independent person with a bh busy life and multifaceted responsibilities.

Dandelion21

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 12:06 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
You might want to redo the poll. Kosher phone can mean a lot of things. It can mean flip phone, or a browser-free phone with preloaded apps.

I reported thread to change the kosher phone option

sara_s

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 1:57 pm
momomany wrote:
I can't understand what is wrong with texting?! or what is inspiring about not texting. As a busy full time working out of home and in wife/daughter/mother/grandmother, I keep all my text messages muted, but my large kh family knows they can text their questions/concerns/just hi I love u and I will eventually get back to them. Texting is also helpful/necessary? logistically in today's modern world of business/bill paying/banking/doctors appointments etc. I get the issue of phone addiction, social media issues and too much screen time hindering real life relationships but cutting off texting in the real world doesn't make sense to me at all as an independent person with a bh busy life and multifaceted responsibilities.

I agree. I totally get why it is better not to have browser and social media access if you can manage without it, but texting is simply another form of communication, which is very convenient for many people since it's asynchronous (similar to letters, telegrams and emails). I work full time, and often simply cannot answer the phone or make a phone call, but can read and respond to text/whatsapp messages.

shoshana2

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 2:09 pm
I don't think texting is not kosher.
Not having it has given me the ability to be more present in my life and in my relationships.
I also was surprised to find that I have more free time despite loosing the convenience of texting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics