Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How to choose a healthy & effective diet

MMEC123

Post Sun, Oct 30 2005, 6:28 pm
In the first few months after I got married I gained about 10 pounds (I guess it's my cooking) and I've been trying to get it off and it just won't leave. I'm the fattest I've ever been in my life and I hate how I look (and the fact that my clothes don't fit anymore). I've tried dieting and exercising but I must be doing something wrong because my weight has not budged. Throughout my life I have never gained weight easily but once I gain it, I have an impossible time losing it. How do I find a weight-loss method that will work for me? I spoke to my doctor and he had nothing to say. I am BH otherwise completely healthy and am careful with what I eat but this is really starting to get to me.

happymom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2005, 6:58 pm
try the diet called THE ZONE. Its an amazingly healthy diet that makes you looks a pound and a half a week steadily. It really works on everyone ive seen use it!!!

lucky

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 7:18 am
What is THE ZONE diet based on?? No Carbs?

nicole81

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 8:30 am
I was very successful on weight watchers a couple of years ago. and you can sign up online, too so it's really easy to follow.

deedee

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 8:54 am
of all the diets I have been on the best one is the south beach diet. its great cause its not just a diet its a plan to help keep the weight off.
for 2 weeks u eat only protein and veggies (as much as u want)-stage 1. then slowly bring back fruit and whole grains-stage 2. stage 3 is a little more liberal. the great thing is if u have a long holiday of off diet eating u can go straight back to stage one to get back on track.
I have been struggling with my baby weight for almost 2 yrs and this is the only thing that is helping-and I dont exercise!
I reccomend to get the book read it and try it!

elisecohen

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 12:53 pm
What about going to a nutritionist and setting a plan of eating and exercise? No one diet is the answer (if it was the creator of the diet would win the Nobel prize etc); they all depend really on restricting what you eat. You can go and design a plan of eating tailored to your needs (avoiding trigger foods and making sure you are well-nourished) and well-balanced. Plus since you mentioned you are newly married, if your circumstances change (pregnancy, etc) you can just alter the plan in a controlled fashion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise