Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Paint Color Help

asdf1

Post Sat, Mar 12 2022, 10:15 pm
Hi all. I'm looking to repaint my entire house. Anyone good with colors here that can help me decide? I know it's all about what I like, etc but I'm too indecisive.

For the main floor, I was thinking of doing a whiteish color in all the rooms - is that a bad idea? Will it look too blah? What about moldings? I would've done the light gray walls a few years ago but that seems out. What's trending now?

Girls/boys bedrooms I plan to do pale pinks and blues. Should I do the same shade of pink in each pink room, etc? Ideas for the master? I have a walk in master closet - same color as the bedroom?

Thanks!

P.S. Slight chance I'll put down wood floors - what type, stain, etc?

Amarante

Post Sat, Mar 12 2022, 10:20 pm
You would really do well by hiring someone to help you select colors.

There are a zillion shades of white/cream. How a color will look in your home is going to depend to some extent on what the lighting is in the room - do you want a warm white or a cool white. No one on the internet can really be of assistance because they are not in your home experiencing the space.
If I told you that my walls were Milk Moustache which is a warm light cream white how would that help you?

The wood stain would be coordinated with your paint colors and your furniture so it all complements each other.

You can hire someone for not much money and it would be money well spent. Painting a home and staining floors isn't cheap and you want to know that you will be happy with the result/

asdf1

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 7:38 am
For those who did a shade of white for walls, what color did you paint doors, moldings, and ceilings? Same color?

naturelover

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 8:05 am
Just a word of advice. Buy a sample and try out the color in all the rooms you are using it before you paint the entire room.

blueberrypie

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 8:39 pm
Amarante wrote:
You would really do well by hiring someone to help you select colors.

There are a zillion shades of white/cream. How a color will look in your home is going to depend to some extent on what the lighting is in the room - do you want a warm white or a cool white. No one on the internet can really be of assistance because they are not in your home experiencing the space.
If I told you that my walls were Milk Moustache which is a warm light cream white how would that help you?

The wood stain would be coordinated with your paint colors and your furniture so it all complements each other.

You can hire someone for not much money and it would be money well spent. Painting a home and staining floors isn't cheap and you want to know that you will be happy with the result/

Can you please recommend someone?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics