Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Allergist and allergy shot questions

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 1:02 am
I would love to ask this question to an allergist directly but they won't talk to me on the phone until after we've had an initial visit so I'm hoping maybe someone here has enough experience to advise?

Dd has been suffering from worse than usual allergies this season. Bad enough to consider doing a whole desensitization thing for the future.

The only allergist I reached who takes our insurance happened to have a cancelation appointment on Friday, besides that we'd have to wait months which I'd rather not do with dd so miserable.

Problem is she's been taking zyrtec daily and sometimes also benadryl. Usually they tell you to stay off antihistamines for a week before seeing the allergist but my only choices were an appointment in 2 days or in 2 months. No week.

Is there still a point in taking off from work and school for a consultation with this allergist or should we not bother because the antihistamines will ruin everything?

I do have past allergy blood test results I can bring but those were from over a year ago. Not sure if over a year ago test results are meaningful?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 1:21 am
Go to the appointment and ask the doctor what to do.

In general (not always) its way easier to get a follow up appointment than a new patient appointment. So even if they say you need to come back you may not need to wait two months.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics