Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Any cheese lovers out there?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 12:02 am
Whenever I’m shopping in the kosher supermarkets these days, I spy all types of cheeses. More than just fresh mozzarella and Parmesan. I’d love to try something new. Can anyone recommend a different type of cheese for me to try and what you eat it with?

Rutabaga

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 1:45 am
We're coming up on the perfect time of year for you to experiment with different cheeses. Make a cheese board for Shavuos so everyone in your family can enjoy. Serve with different types of crackers and you can add fruits or vegetables or nuts or even pickles or honey to eat with the cheese.

Here is some inspiration:

https://www.kosher.com/article.....d-399

Iymnok

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 2:05 am
Camembert and Brie should be left at room temperature to ripen. I like 2-4 days. Even just room temperature is good.

what types do you see?

Ellie7

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 9:37 am
Iymnok wrote:
Camembert and Brie should be left at room temperature to ripen. I like 2-4 days. Even just room temperature is good.

You leave out your cheese for 2-4 days?

But Brie and Camembert are delicious. They’re soft and creamy and you spread them.

If you want a hard cheese, I like Gouda, cheddar or Edam.

If you’re a stinky cheese person, you can try a blue cheese.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen