Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking for an oot community

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 11:03 am
That doesn't have bullying. My 9 year son is getting very bullied in school, and the administration isn't doing anything about it! There is one school here. Looking in the west or south.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 11:04 am
I am in the Midwest and am very happy with how my sons bullying situation has been dealt with.

smss

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 11:06 am
This is so hard and I'm sorry your son is going through this. I don't think there is a place that "doesn't have bullying" - and every school will tell you they have a zero tolerance policy. Different classes in the same school can be so different and a class can be fine one year and then a new kid comes and the dynamic totally changes.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 11:08 am
smss wrote:
This is so hard and I'm sorry your son is going through this. I don't think there is a place that "doesn't have bullying" - and every school will tell you they have a zero tolerance policy. Different classes in the same school can be so different and a class can be fine one year and then a new kid comes and the dynamic totally changes.

I agree its usually a very complex situation but there are ways to manage it and some schools really do nothing.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 11:13 am
mha3484 wrote:
I am in the Midwest and am very happy with how my sons bullying situation has been dealt with.

Where are you in the Midwest?

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 11:14 am
Chicago.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 11:16 am
I would first and foremost look for a community with multiple school options that are acceptable to you. Preferably 3, but at least 2.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 11:30 am
Multiple schools is important because it keeps the schools on their toes, they cant be complacent since they all want the same students.

BUT... As the parent of a kid who has struggled a lot over the years changing schools would not have fully solved his issues either. There was plenty that he contributed to the dynamic that would have followed him to the new school. These situations are not easy to solve but its a false sense of security to assume that having more choices will solve the problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating