Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Can I do this?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 4:52 pm
I’ve been in my current school for only the past year. For technical reasons I’m not coming back this year (the reason is not a personal one and has nothing to do with the school/my relationship with them).
They just asked us to submit an evaluation of our year. An admin member mentioned it’s for wasc, so it’s important, but they didn’t actually tell us it’s for that on this document so for all I know they do this every year. They gave us an outline of what we need: curriculum goals, work samples, subject(s),if goals were achieved. The last part says “Improvements to curriculum/materials/school support”.
Well… I was honest. I had a very hard year, nothing to do with me as a teacher and everything to do with how they run the school. It’s a small school so some things I get (like the limited space) but other things were really frustrating. I had to create my curriculum (for multiple classes/subjects) from scratch. They told me what Parsha for Chumash and that’s it. No set curriculum for everything, I had to make my own booklets etc and then they complained when I had to make so many copies.
Can I submit this to the school? I’m scared of their reaction my boss can be a bully. But I think they don’t deserve anything but an honest document…

rachelbg

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 4:56 pm
I say do it, but respectfully.
They should know and grow from it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 5:00 pm
What I wrote is very matter of fact. No fingers pointed etc. I’m scared of the reaction.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics