Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Toothbrush storage solutions for multiple kids

AlwaysGrateful

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 10:40 pm
My kids will not nicely put their toothbrush into a holder, making sure that the head is not touching the head of the brush next to it.

So those toothbrush holders with several holes in them mean that the toothbrushes end up all mushed against each other. Ew.

I tried one heavy plastic cup per person, but the cups got so yuck and moldy and they took up so much room and would tip over so the toothbrush fell on the disgusting floor. (I have boys, nuff said.) Ew.

So I gave up and the kids leave their toothbrushes lying on the counter around the sink, which I clean once a week. And they again lie together, or right under the soap dispenser and get soap on them, or right under the cold water handle so that kids' dirty hands drip right over them. Ew.

Any solutions to the ew, for multiple kids sharing a bathroom? I feel like its easier if they're really little (because I control the toothbrush) or really big (because hopefully they start caring about the ew, not just me). I'm talking about 6-10 year olds.

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 10:45 pm
https://us.shein.com/1pc-Wall-......html

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 9:17 am
I put toothbrushes in a tall mug. I guess since there's nothing keeping them upright, they all fall to the sides and don't end up touching. The special toothbrush holders with holes (ironically) make the touching more likely, without being perfectly upright its much better. I have 4 in one mug and they're always leaning om different sides. I think 5 would be the same. But if u need more than that, so 2 mugs.
You will probably want to clean the inside of the mug somewhat regularly. Since it's open top you can clearly see the buildup on the bottom if you look Smile

AlwaysGrateful

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 10:55 am
amother Begonia wrote:
https://us.shein.com/1pc-Wall-Mounted-Toothbrush-Storage-Holder-White-Self-Adhesive-Toothbrush-Rack-For-Bathroom-p-9944878-cat-3579.html

Thank you! Have you used this one?

This looks like just what I was looking for.

mommyhood

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 10:59 am
Famistar X-Large Electric... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078.....share
I use this, anything requiring more thought means it will end up on the counter or the floor which to me is worse than them possible touching in the holder.

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 11:42 am
AlwaysGrateful wrote:
Thank you! Have you used this one?

This looks like just what I was looking for.

Yes, I have it and it's great!

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 1:46 pm
My kids toothbrushes have suction caps at the bottom and I just stick them to the shelf above the sink. My kids have also demonstrated how you can stick the toothbrushes horizontally on the wall and have them sticking out but often they don't stick that well and end up falling.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics