Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Boredom busters... Any ideas? 7yo girl

fbc

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 1:04 pm
My 7yodd wakes up at about 6:30/7 on Sunday mornings, and is very bored until we are ready to go out and do something, about 10. Any ideas? Besides for coloring and reading which she does a lot of, so they're losing their excitement a bit Smile someone different and fun that she can do on her own. Any ideas? Thanks!

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 1:09 pm
Is she old enough to have fun making something fun for breakfast?
What about a project like diamond art?
I send mine to the backyard to play and do chalk until we go out for real most weeks.

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 1:12 pm
It’s good you only have this from 7-10 a.m.
I have the same question except it’s from 7a.m.-7p.m.

fbc

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 1:14 pm
amother Lightgray wrote:
It’s good you only have this from 7-10 a.m.
I have the same question except it’s from 7a.m.-7p.m.

I mean, yeah that too. But I wrote this in the morning when she'd told me 35 times that she's bored...

No backyard, we live in an apt building.
I like the prepping breakfast idea honestly. I can try that! Any other ideas welcome, keep them coming:)

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 1:20 pm
fbc wrote:
I mean, yeah that too. But I wrote this in the morning when she'd told me 35 times that she's bored...

No backyard, we live in an apt building.
I like the prepping breakfast idea honestly. I can try that! Any other ideas welcome, keep them coming:)

DD tried setting up a play date with about 15 girls already today. No one was available. She told me I think I should just be nifter. (Ch”v). Her words. Crying

amother
Garnet

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 1:22 pm
Does she like artsncraft
Hook Rug
Needle point
Crochet, I use to make headbands at that age simple chain stitch. If she gets good at it she can make squares different colors and then stitch together into a blanket
Simple sewing projects like making a shaped pillow
Necklace bracelet making

cupcake123

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 1:26 pm
Perler beads
Loom bands

fbc

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 2:10 pm
Great ideas!!

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 2:12 pm
amother Lightgray wrote:
DD tried setting up a play date with about 15 girls already today. No one was available. She told me I think I should just be nifter. (Ch”v). Her words. Crying

She told you she wants to die??

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 2:13 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
She told you she wants to die??

Those were her exact words. I couldn’t believe it either. She’s a happy kid. But it looks like או חברותא או מתותא is really true. After getting yet another no from a potential play date she became completely discouraged.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 2:25 pm
Play doh/ kinetic sand, my daughter is 6, and it keeps her busy for a while.

smss

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 3:35 pm
amother Lightgray wrote:
Those were her exact words. I couldn’t believe it either. She’s a happy kid. But it looks like או חברותא או מתותא is really true. After getting yet another no from a potential play date she became completely discouraged.

That must have been so hard for you to hear.

Is this a regular thing that she has a hard time getting playdates?

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 3:51 pm
smss wrote:
That must have been so hard for you to hear.

Is this a regular thing that she has a hard time getting playdates?

It was not the first time and it was her despair talking. Yes it’s extremely painful and shocking for a mother to hear that.

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 4:13 pm
Are her classmates into Chinese jump rope? My seven year old is obsessively practicing Chinese jump rope between two chairs all day these days.

smss

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 4:22 pm
amother Lightgray wrote:
It was not the first time and it was her despair talking. Yes it’s extremely painful and shocking for a mother to hear that.

Do you feel like you have a good impression of what's going on? Have you talked to her teacher?

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 4:36 pm
smss wrote:
Do you feel like you have a good impression of what's going on? Have you talked to her teacher?

She’s doing great in school. She just doesn’t have luck with finding company out of school. We live a bit far from her friends and they don’t seem to need her so they won’t make the effort to come to us or invite her to them. They just stick to friends in their neighborhood. So she ends up getting lots of nos when she tries to make plans on sundays and off days and this is the result. It’s a matter of logistics. Nothing too deep.

salt

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 1:13 am
amother Lightgray wrote:
She’s doing great in school. She just doesn’t have luck with finding company out of school. We live a bit far from her friends and they don’t seem to need her so they won’t make the effort to come to us or invite her to them. They just stick to friends in their neighborhood. So she ends up getting lots of nos when she tries to make plans on sundays and off days and this is the result. It’s a matter of logistics. Nothing too deep.

Can you take her to friends - even if it means speaking to the mothers to get her an invitation? Explain that she's feeling a little far away, and you'd bring her to them with pleasure, if they could invite her (that's only if you can take her of course).

salt

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 1:15 am
fbc wrote:
My 7yodd wakes up at about 6:30/7 on Sunday mornings, and is very bored until we are ready to go out and do something, about 10. Any ideas? Besides for coloring and reading which she does a lot of, so they're losing their excitement a bit Smile someone different and fun that she can do on her own. Any ideas? Thanks!

Exercise video.
Writing a diary.
Can you teach her to wash dishes - maybe she could do the washing up from shabbos!
Or the laundry - kids can do things if you teach them.

yachnabobba

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 8:26 am
Would she enjoy Lego?
One of my kids likes the Lego kits that build a specific thing as opposed to doing Freeform Lego
I have also found audiobooks a huge help
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children