Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Frum clothing stores newbie

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 9:00 pm
I have most of my clothes from finds at H&M and Loft. I hate shopping but would like to shop in-person at a Jewish store somewhere to buy some nicer things to spruce up my wardrobe. I’ve been told to go to Clover so far (I’m in Manhattan) and ADress in American Dream. Any times to go to get sales? I don’t care about trends as my community has none of that. With Loft I would often just wait for federal holiday sales. Any tips for shopping of what to splurge on and what to skip when shopping in the Jewish stores?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 9:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have most of my clothes from finds at H&M and Loft. I hate shopping but would like to shop in-person at a Jewish store somewhere to buy some nicer things to spruce up my wardrobe. I’ve been told to go to Clover so far (I’m in Manhattan) and ADress in American Dream. Any times to go to get sales? I don’t care about trends as my community has none of that. With Loft I would often just wait for federal holiday sales. Any tips for shopping of what to splurge on and what to skip when shopping in the Jewish stores?

As a fellow Manhattanite (who also has never shopped at a frum store) I wanted to say how much I love your comment about how our community doesn’t follow trends!!

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 9:11 pm
I was at The Address today in AD and there were some sales. 15-25% off certain racks.

newinbp

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 9:27 am
I would recommend skirts in frum stores, as well as shirts that you won't need a shell with. And if you want, dresses you won't need a shell with. But that's what I think is best in frum stores! Also nightgowns and robes if you wear those Smile hatzlacha!

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 11:34 am
Tbh the style now is midi so all the non Jewish stores have a ton of tznius stuff.

That said for a one stop shop I love American dream. I can go to dress blank, the address, and then primark mango zara etc.

scruffy

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 11:43 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
Tbh the style now is midi so all the non Jewish stores have a ton of tznius stuff.

They still mostly need a shell though. A lot of keyholes in the back, or it's a v neck. Or it's buttondown and you need it for potential gapping.

The dresses from frum stores mostly don't need shells.

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 12:05 pm
Clover in BP is a great choice. They have tons of sale items right now- Shabbos clothing is 60% off, weekday clothing is 30/35% off
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics