Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Paris - Mother of the bride and sisters

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 5:23 pm
Hi,
I will be passing through for one day in Paris.
Does anyone know where I can go to find gowns for mother of the bride and teenage siblings?
Thank you!

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 4:24 am
I'll let others who are more familiar with the Paris shopping scene reply, but how much shopping time will you actually have after you subtract all the time you need to getting to/from the airport, checking in (I presume you are flying in?), etc.

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 7:21 am
We bought a beautiful dress for my daughter at Galleries Lafayette on a summer trip to wear to a family bar mitzvah. There were also sales going on and she also found amazing shoes. However, I don't know about long dresses or tznius issues. We were lucky to find it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:30 pm
DrMom wrote:
I'll let others who are more familiar with the Paris shopping scene reply, but how much shopping time will you actually have after you subtract all the time you need to getting to/from the airport, checking in (I presume you are flying in?), etc.

We will be arriving midday and leaving next day at 2 pm.
If I knew of good shops, I'd go there to check. There is usually a very small selection of gowns which can be made tznius, so we would only need a short amount of time in each store.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:33 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:
We bought a beautiful dress for my daughter at Galleries Lafayette on a summer trip to wear to a family bar mitzvah. There were also sales going on and she also found amazing shoes. However, I don't know about long dresses or tznius issues. We were lucky to find it.

I hear Galleries Lafayette is beautiful. Do you know if they carry long evening gowns?

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 2:43 pm
https://www.galerieslafayette......oiree

Don't think it's going to be very easy to find something that meets tznius requirements, but you might have fun looking just in case. I saw one dress by Maje that might be able to be altered to close a V-Neck. Unclear about the rest, many of which are very skin bearing.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 3:24 pm
Op I dk where you live, but I grew up in Paris and now live in the United States, Paris is the last place I would go to find a tznius gown!
Unfortunately, I don't know any places to recommend!
Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 4:29 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Op I dk where you live, but I grew up in Paris and now live in the United States, Paris is the last place I would go to find a tznius gown!
Unfortunately, I don't know any places to recommend!
Good luck!

The easiest to make tznius is crew neck gowns with see through mesh at the chest and arms. Those just need lining or depending on the color sometimes a shell
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics