Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
A few questions, sort of related to each other
Previous  1  2

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 5:08 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
You can get a very compact stroller for cheaper than a doona that can even fit in front of the seat vs trunk (how much car space do you need?)
I would think if you were taking taxis a Doona would be helpful, but if you're renting a car, it seems like such a waste because your baby won't get much use out of it long term.

I’m only considering it because I would use it at home as well.

amother
Lily

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 5:14 am
You can look on good buy gear for new, just open box baby carrier. I got the babybjorn $120 carrier for $15, brand new...
they have lots, most are more, but if you keep an eye out.

I find a doona hard to push around israel. its heavy when you need to carry it up or down stairs. I find easier to just keep the car seat in the car and have a small foldable stroller with better wheels... like the mountain buggy nano, city tour, bugaboo butterfly etc.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 5:35 am
amother Lily wrote:
You can look on good buy gear for new, just open box baby carrier. I got the babybjorn $120 carrier for $15, brand new...
they have lots, most are more, but if you keep an eye out.

I find a doona hard to push around israel. it’s heavy when you need to carry it up or down stairs. I find easier to just keep the car seat in the car and have a small foldable stroller with better wheels... like the mountain buggy nano, city tour, bugaboo butterfly etc.

I don’t have those. My stroller right now is a graco, with a graco car seat.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 5:38 am
Love the WildBird linen ring slings! Lightweight, easy to get on and get baby in by yourself, breathable fabric. Folds into nothing, so it’s perfect for traveling. They have two different lengths so it works for any body size or shape.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 5:56 am
amother Oatmeal wrote:
Love the WildBird linen ring slings! Lightweight, easy to get on and get baby in by yourself, breathable fabric. Folds into nothing, so it’s perfect for traveling. They have two different lengths so it works for any body size or shape.

Awesome!! Where can I check it out?

amother
Steelblue

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 6:16 am
I like Tula baby carriers.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 6:18 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
Awesome!! Where can I check it out?

https://wildbird.co/collections/linen-slings

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 6:33 am
We use a car seat in the car and a Yoyo. The yoyo fits in front of the car seat. But any snap n go or compact fold is good.
You have space on the other seats as well as the trunk for your stuff.
Are you renting a tiny car?

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 6:36 am
Iymnok wrote:
We use a car seat in the car and a Yoyo. The yoyo fits in front of the car seat. But any snap n go or compact fold is good.
You have space on the other seats as well as the trunk for your stuff.
Are you renting a tiny car?

I don’t know what we are renting. Because we need the car seat in the car, I’m either going to need my stroller or a doona type thing. There will be times when I want to use the stroller and times when I want to use a carrier. I don’t know if my car seat will click onto a yo-yo, or any other stroller for that matter, but it might be worth looking into.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 6:51 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
Right, but that takes up space in the car, as opposed to the doona, which doesn’t.

I mean a little bit but not a huge amount. My youngest youngest is like 14 months and still fits into the infant seat. We use that and the citi mini tour.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 6:58 am
I brought my Doona when I went to Israel with my toddler and baby. We didn’t rent a car and I found it great to have a such a compact stroller for buses because there’s often not a lot of space and for when we took a taxi. The pushing I found find for almost all of the walking we did. It was annoying not to have a basket but overall found it very helpful. I’m general I’m a big fan of the Doona so I was already using it and didn’t just buy it special for Israel. This was a few years ago when the prices were cheaper and I got their Black Friday sale (straight from Doona’s website) for $400.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 7:02 am
I'm confused. Why not just get a stroller frame, if you're using it with the carseat anyway? Cheap, folds up pretty small, lightweight...

Do people not use these anymore? I do with my current baby, but it's over a decade old, so maybe they're not a thing anymore? I only use a "real" stroller on Shabbos until they graduate from the infant carseat.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 8:09 am
Sounds like you just need a snap n go.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 8:22 am
AlwaysGrateful wrote:
I'm confused. Why not just get a stroller frame, if you're using it with the carseat anyway? Cheap, folds up pretty small, lightweight...

Do people not use these anymore? I do with my current baby, but it's over a decade old, so maybe they're not a thing anymore? I only use a "real" stroller on Shabbos until they graduate from the infant carseat.

I would, but I want something that will be used for more than a week, since I already getting something new. A snap n go or other stroller frame won’t get used once I get back home, so it would be a waste. A doona I would make use of, even though it wasn’t my first choice.

gigglemom

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 9:47 am
my suggestion: get a travel stroller with adapters for the car seat. bugaboo has a great one, or cybex.
heres a link to the cybex travel system, its cheaper than the doona and bugaboo:
https://www.albeebaby.com/cybe.....D_BwE

gigglemom

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 9:51 am
and heres the bugaboo system, which I have and love. https://strolleria.com/product.....D_BwE

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 9:55 am
gigglemom wrote:
and heres the bugaboo system, which I have and love. https://strolleria.com/product.....D_BwE

Good suggestions, but I don’t want to spend money on something that will only be used for a week. I already have a stroller which I use very often (almost every day) and I don’t need another one. I have a cheap travel stroller as well, but it doesn’t take an adapter.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics