Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Dinosaurs and Evolution
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

OBnursemom

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 3:44 pm
OOTforlife wrote:
One of the things that Rabbi Slifkin does well in his book is separate and distinguish the different issues: age of earth, different types of evolution, existence of dinosaurs, and others, so that readers can consider them separately.

Rabbi Slifkin is vocally anti-chareidi on his blog. He’s said some very disparaging things. Makes me not want to pay attention to his opinion.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 3:54 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
Rabbi Slifkin is vocally anti-chareidi on his blog. He’s said some very disparaging things. Makes me not want to pay attention to his opinion.

What did he say that was disparaging?

Or maybe he just didn't take too kindly to having his books banned and being labeled a heretic by Haredi rabbanim?

OBnursemom

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 4:38 pm
DrMom wrote:
What did he say that was disparaging?

Or maybe he just didn't take too kindly to having his books banned and being labeled a heretic by Haredi rabbanim?

Have you read his blog? On the first page alone there are 5 articles mentioning chareidim (or in one case Lakewood). None of the articles are positive. Given the subject nature of his books, I imagine he could find many things to talk about besides chareidi parnassa, rats in Bnei Brak, and the Lakewood kollelim.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 6:08 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
Have you read his blog? On the first page alone there are 5 articles mentioning chareidim (or in one case Lakewood). None of the articles are positive. Given the subject nature of his books, I imagine he could find many things to talk about besides chareidi parnassa, rats in Bnei Brak, and the Lakewood kollelim.

Wow, OBnursemom, we agree for once.

This calls for a 🍷 kiddush.

OBnursemom

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 6:21 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Wow, OBnursemom, we agree for once.

This calls for a 🍷 kiddush.

Lol L’Chaim #BestBubby.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics