Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Need to get rid of roaches!! (Israel)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 1:47 am
Does anyone know where I can buy this (or something similar) without overpaying?
Need to kill the nest because I'm losing my mind!

https://www.amazon.com/Combat-.....ss_tl

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 1:56 am
Most hardware stores and a lot of random supermarkets in Israel have various roach- and other insect killers in their cleaning section. We had good results with a white bait paste that came in a syringe, forgot what it was called.

*If you have small children or pets, place any bait or bait station well out of their reach. Also, poisoned roaches may still move around for a day or so before they die (and get eaten by your cat or dog if you have one).

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 2:06 am
We use the roach gel as well. This is the first year we used it and so far I think it is working. (We have used the ant gel version for years and it has been super for ants.) You can buy it in hardware stores, max stock, etc.

One other thing is that if you live on a ground floor they may be coming in through the drains from the sewer system. We have that every year and need to get an exterminator to spray inside the manholes outside so that they don't come in (once at the beginning of the summer, each year).

Good luck, it's really gross but hopefully you will get rid of them quickly.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 2:50 am
AFAIK only Sano makes the 'roach home' which is around 50 NIS a packet.
Yes it's overpriced.
I use the above and they are excellent.
Not possible to buy via Amazon?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 3:24 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
AFAIK only Sano makes the 'roach home' which is around 50 NIS a packet.
Yes it's overpriced.
I use the above and they are excellent.
Not possible to buy via Amazon?

all unavailable on Amazon Mad

WitchKitty

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 7:35 am
We have roaches and use the Sano K300+8. It really works! I spray it all around once they start coming out in the summer (this year it happened about a month ago) and they don't come back until the next summer.
We've done this for the past 3 summers.

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 7:37 am
Is this a problem country wide or more so in bigger cities? Making Aliyah this summer and getting freaked out!

amother
Ultramarine

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 7:50 am
amother Marigold wrote:
Is this a problem country wide or more so in bigger cities? Making Aliyah this summer and getting freaked out!

I live in jlem for 7 years and never had a problem

Rappel

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 8:28 am
amother Marigold wrote:

I've never seen a roach in my house in Israel. I've lived in Akko, the Binyamin region, and in the Shomron.

However, scorpions...#countryliving

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 9:52 am
amother OP wrote:
all unavailable on Amazon Mad

Just to say, I once thought I was being smart and had a relative bring me a bunch of ant motels (like what you posted above for ants) that I ordered from Amazon. It did not work on our ants. I also tried ant gel poison from Amazon a different time and also didn't work for our ants. So, I say, the roach poison is only about 50sh. Think of how much you are saving on tuition by living here and support the Israeli economy and kill your roaches Wink

tweety1

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 11:55 am
Amazon.com : Syngenta 30 Gram Tube Advion Cockroach Roach Gel Bait w/Plunger (Advion 4pk) : Patio, Lawn & Garden
https://www.amazon.com/Dupont-.....ss_tl
This worked magic for my house

tweety1

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 11:55 am
Somebody on here recommended it to me a few years ago.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 3:14 pm
Rappel wrote:
I've never seen a roach in my house in Israel. I've lived in Akko, the Binyamin region, and in the Shomron.

However, scorpions...#countryliving

Really? Surprised
I'm here since 1993 and each spring they wake up.
Scorpions? Never seen one Baruch HaShem.
I've always lived in the coastal area of Israel.

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Jul 03 2023, 2:31 am
amother Marigold wrote:

I was just talking about it with a group of friends in: Kiryat Sefer, Yerushalayim, Tzfas, and Lod. All have.

I've never seen a scorpion in the house, but they are outside in uninhabited places a lot. They come out when overturning rocks.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jul 03 2023, 3:32 am
We had a yellow scorpion once. Jukim we get now and then. We do the only reasonable thing -have DH smash it and clean it up!
We spray when it more than a single juk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry