Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Doula Meryl Leah Albukerk reviews

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 1:10 pm
I haven't found any threads on her. Has anyone used Meryl Leah Albukerk recently? How much she charges? Can you tell me more about your experience? I am located in Flatbush and having a home birth. I called another doula who charges $2000. Just want to see what the ballpark range is

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 8:22 am
I used her and I was very happy. She's super sweet, calm and knowledgeable, she has a strong vibe of supporting you in whatever kind of birth you want to have and she really believes in you. She also knows hypnobabies which I found very helpful. I don't remember her price sorry but I think it was less than that (it was only 1.5 years ago but just don't remember). She meets with you beforehand and checks in before and after birth, also she helped me not get induced as I was overdue.

If you have more specific questions you can post here and I'll try answer! Really happy experience and I know others who loved her as well. I would definitely use her again.

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 9:11 am
I've never used her but I know her and she is so sweet, she would be kind and supportive in a homebirth.
I've had 2 homebirrhs (one with Judy if that's who you're using) and I don't find the need for a doula bc the care is so hands on and the homebirthing team is at least 2 people. Just saying if this is your first homebirth - it's not like hospital where you're paying someone to advocate
I do the first few hours on my own and call them when it gets too intense. Unless you want a doula from the very first minute.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 9:30 am
amother Petunia wrote:
I've never used her but I know her and she is so sweet, she would be kind and supportive in a homebirth.
I've had 2 homebirrhs (one with Judy if that's who you're using) and I don't find the need for a doula bc the care is so hands on and the homebirthing team is at least 2 people. Just saying if this is your first homebirth - it's not like hospital where you're paying someone to advocate
I do the first few hours on my own and call them when it gets too intense. Unless you want a doula from the very first minute.

Good point I should add that mine was a hospital birth with the park slope midwives, very different from a home birth.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 10:30 am
amother Petunia wrote:

Thank you. No I am using Shar La Port not Judy.
Which midwife did you use for your first home birth?

Its my first homebirth in NY iyH

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 10:32 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you. No I am using Shar La Port not Judy.
Which midwife did you use for your first home birth?

Its my first homebirth in NY iyH

I used Chloe Lubell, she was good too but I love Judy and her group

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 10:35 am
amother Petunia wrote:
I used Chloe Lubell, she was good too but I love Judy and her group

My SIL is considering using them she saw them post on instagram but she hasnt spoken to anyone that used them personally yet. What did you like about them? Did they do home visits? I heard they only do home visits near them?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 10:38 am
amother Narcissus wrote:
I used her and I was very happy. She's super sweet, calm and knowledgeable, she has a strong vibe of supporting you in whatever kind of birth you want to have and she really believes in you. She also knows hypnobabies which I found very helpful. I don't remember her price sorry but I think it was less than that (it was only 1.5 years ago but just don't remember). She meets with you beforehand and checks in before and after birth, also she helped me not get induced as I was overdue.

If you have more specific questions you can post here and I'll try answer! Really happy experience and I know others who loved her as well. I would definitely use her again.

Thats great to hear. How did you find her? Through a reccomendation?
Does she do a lot of massages during labor? Meeting beforehand is included in the birth? The other doulas I spoke to charge extra for that.
Does she let you text her throughout the pregnancy? Does she come on Shabbos?

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 9:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thats great to hear. How did you find her? Through a reccomendation?
Does she do a lot of massages during labor? Meeting beforehand is included in the birth? The other doulas I spoke to charge extra for that.
Does she let you text her throughout the pregnancy? Does she come on Shabbos?

I found her through a friend, scheduled a consultation call and loved her vibe so I hired her.

She did some massages for me but it wasn't what I was in the mood of during labor so I don't remember about that.

Yes meeting beforehand is included and she's very thorough about getting a full understanding of your vision and goals for your birth! She also included my husband as much as he wanted to be included which was nice.

Yes she is happy to text, I didn't text that much until 39 weeks.

Yes for Shabbos, she puts her "active" clients (I guess from 38 weeks? Don't remember exactly - the ones she's officially on call for) on a setting that their contact will ring on her phone on shabbos, tells you where she'll be if she won't be at home on shabbos and even put my mother on that setting!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries