Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Nuna triv instead of doona

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 11:54 am
Looking for an easy and lightweight option. I didn’t like that I couldn’t detach the car seat from the base with the doona, it was always so heavy.
Anyone have this travel system and can review?

amother
Amaranthus

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 12:31 pm
What about the shyft?
https://www.evenflo.com/produc.....orage
If you want to pay $499, you can get it where the wheels aren’t removable and it doesn’t come with a storage bag

amother
NeonGreen

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 12:32 pm
Nuna and evenflo are not comparable quality wise. At all.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 7:35 am
Bump
anyone have the Nuna and can weigh in on how heavy it is

amother
Amaranthus

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 7:58 am
amother NeonGreen wrote:
Nuna and evenflo are not comparable quality wise. At all.

Really? Nuna and graco are owned by the same company. Allison Company owns Nuna and Graco and Joie. It may be classier to push a Nuna but at the end of the day it’s a dressed up graco.
And the shyft is a Doona style. Except with more options.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 6:43 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:
Really? Nuna and graco are owned by the same company. Allison Company owns Nuna and Graco and Joie. It may be classier to push a Nuna but at the end of the day it’s a dressed up graco.

Isn’t the Nuna lighter weight and easier to use bec of one button?

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 6:45 pm
I have a joolz aer that can go with a the clek ling or nuna car seat with adapter. The joolz is extremely lightweight and easy to fold, but it is a bit of a pain to clip the car seat into the adapters.

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 6:47 pm
Not sure if this is too late but I have the nuna triv and love it. It is NOT a dressed up Graco at all. What do you want to know?

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 6:53 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:

Evenflo and Graco are not the same company either. That argument is like saying that Old Navy and Banana Republic are the same. Evenflo has very poor quality strollers and car seats. I would buy a Graco a lot sooner. Much better ratings. And I would buy a Nuna before a Graco. There’s a pecking order.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 6:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
Isn’t the Nuna lighter weight and easier to use bec of one button?

The Nuna is better in every way. Not sure what this argument had to become about. I’ve never used the stroller, but the car seat is amazing.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 7:04 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Not sure if this is too late but I have the nuna triv and love it. It is NOT a dressed up Graco at all. What do you want to know?

Is it like a snap n go? Can I bring it to the car and back daily?

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 12:10 am
I have the nuna pipa rx and used the bugaboo bee stroller base with adapters. It’s a great seat! I found it to be lightweight. I also didn’t want a doona.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 11:10 am
amother OP wrote:
Is it like a snap n go? Can I bring it to the car and back daily?
I never had the snap and go so can’t say but the frame itself without the car seat or stroller/bassinet attachment is under 20 lb. I was able to bring it back and forth pretty easily. Easy fold and with a good handle so easier to shlep up my stairs than a doona. I also liked that I could bring my baby inside in his car seat if he fell asleep (I had the super light nuna car seat) and then being the carriage in later at my leasure. With a doona you are forced to shlep the whole carriage at once .Good tired and basket. Now he’s bigger and I switched carsests and no longer use the bassinet obviously so I just use it like a regular carriage. This is heavier than just the frame but still folds way more compact and is much lighter than most full size carriages. Overall I am very happy with it and feel like I really got the best of most worlds

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 11:38 am
Do they sell the Nuna Ixxa where you live? It is like half the weight of the triv. The nuna pipa urbn carseat is wonderful. Doesn't have a high height limit as some other seats, so may ougrow it sooner. But the carseat itself is pretty light, has good features, and is super super easy to install and remove.

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 7:34 pm
I use the Triv instead of the doona. Its a good stroller for taking in and out of the car but I would not use it on long walks

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 8:01 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
I never had the snap and go so can’t say but the frame itself without the car seat or stroller/bassinet attachment is under 20 lb. I was able to bring it back and forth pretty easily. Easy fold and with a good handle so easier to shlep up my stairs than a doona. I also liked that I could bring my baby inside in his car seat if he fell asleep (I had the super light nuna car seat) and then being the carriage in later at my leasure. With a doona you are forced to shlep the whole carriage at once .Good tired and basket. Now he’s bigger and I switched carsests and no longer use the bassinet obviously so I just use it like a regular carriage. This is heavier than just the frame but still folds way more compact and is much lighter than most full size carriages. Overall I am very happy with it and feel like I really got the best of most worlds

I agree
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics