Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How to organize my teacher's cupboard?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 2:03 pm
I work in a preschool and share a cupboard in my classroom with the other class teacher. We're both creative, and organizing isn't our strong point, so things get cluttered and messy very fast.
We'd love to set up our class for success that we can keep on top of things. Our main issue is our cupboard. We have a mix of paper resources, larger resources, basic supplies and just stuff that accumulates in the cupboard over time, across our 4 shelves.
Does anyone have any storage suggestions as to practical ways to store our stuff that will allow it to stay tidy? And any other tips. The end of the day is often quite chaotic as 2 staff leave early (long story and we can't change that), so we're short staffed and it's hard to find the time to tidy up.

kollel_wife

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 2:27 pm
I can't see what you have. The size of the cupboard etc, and the size of the items to go in it.
But you want to section things off so EACH thing has a specific place. And then of course LABEL that place, so EVERYTHING must be put back where it belongs.

So if it's oaktag, glue, whatever it is, it has to have a specific place. Please also take into account that you will be adding some new items during the year.

You can start by making a list of what items you have, and what goes together. Colored paper, white paper, heady duty paper - all same size, they go together.

This may be more than you need for paper, but this idea:
https://www.lakeshorelearning......w_wcB

Small items- glitter, beads, sequins, feathers - small drawers for the small items.

https://www.amazon.com/ArtBin-.....psc=1

Good luck!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics