Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Easy delicious dinners?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 4:10 pm
I know it's bad timing but what are your fastest dinner ideas? I'll be working all day soon and am very nervous about this. Any suggestions?

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 4:16 pm
I do chicken stir fries, which is good cause its all one pan and you can bulk cut veggies for three or four days (they also make a good snack during the day with chummus!), pasta with any type of sauce is usually fast, beans and rice with lots of toppings and tortillas or tacos is fast, oven roasted chicken over rice is super fast to prepare and can just go in the oven, baked Ziti is fast, during the winter soups are very quick and easy to prepare and most of the time is passive waiting time.
If you're worried about starting off, supplementing eith frozen stuff helps. Either frozen stir fry veggies, or frozen shnitzels, tofu patties or whatever definitely helps cut back on time

cupcake123

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 4:24 pm
Raw rice, chicken on top , spices/sauces whatever you like, add water cover and bake

In general chicken is so easy. You can put potatoes/sweet potatoes/vegis with it...and it's hard to mess up

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 4:26 pm
Does it need to be ready fast, or do you need to spend just a few minutes to put it together but have time for it to bake longer?

amother
Apple

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 4:32 pm
Crock pot dinners. U can prep the night before.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 4:41 pm
Stew, chicken and rice (I bake them separately), hamburgers, salmon, mac and cheese with fish sticks, spinach lasagna, turkey wraps with rice mix side dish, egg omelettes and bagels using frozen onions and peppers.

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 4:59 pm
We do lots of 1 pot meals in the crockpot. Other good options are home made chicken nuggets- cut cutlets into small pieces, drop in a bag of egg or sauce. Then dip in crumbs, spray with oil, and bake. Burgers are easy in the broiler.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics