Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
I want to cancel our vacation to New Hampshire

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 1:42 am
We were never there before and we wanted to try something new. The more I’m looking into it the more I think I made a mistake.
I hate hiking. One of my kids would probably also hate it. I’m not an outdoor type of person. I enjoy cool, air conditioned indoors.
Most of my kids would rather go to an amusement park or an arcade place over hiking and chairlifts.
It’s also a much further drive from my house than I thought it would be. I’m not sure spending so much time in the car driving is good for us.
I know everyone says they love New Hampshire and that it’s gorgeous. Am I going to say the same thing too?
What should I do??

sub

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 1:51 am
If You booked and prepared and everyone is looking forward to it, then go.
I’m sure once you are there it will be great.

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 1:59 am
They have beautiful hikes and chairlifts with gorgeous views but if you don’t enjoy that there’s other stuff to do:

Clarks bear show
Story land amusement park
Squam lake zoo - n the zoo is pretty small and not so interesting but they have cruises on the lake, u have to book in advance
Alpine adventures off road
Loon mountain adventure center
Bike rentals
Loon mountain also has caves your kids might enjoy.

syrima

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 5:52 am
On the one hand, it's much cooler there. You get the refreshing outdoors. And I second storyland if you have elementary age kids they will love it. Take the train up mount Washington, they'll always remember that. Many hikes are pretty mild and the mountains are gorgeous.
However it is a far drive. When we went with small kids it was hard. On the way back I kept saying never again until everyone is older!!!

DrMom

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 5:58 am
Are your reservations cancellable?

If so, look for alternative arrangements elsewhere, and if you find something, cancel your NH plans and go somewhere you'll enjoy.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 7:42 am
My kids are not little. It looks like a lot activities are geared more for young children. My kids are teens.
No, they would not enjoy the caves or getting wet.
They would probably enjoy storyland but it looks like a lot of attractions are water rides which they would not do.
Yes, I am still able to cancel without losing any money. I think we can cancel up until 2 days before and we aren’t supposed to leave till next week.
I don’t want to cancel and leave them without anything to do. Im not sure what else I can think of. Maybe hot Florida and rent a house with a pool and obviously only do indoor activities? Not sure if that makes sense in the summer.

listenhere

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 7:54 am
If you like the indoors, your only options are places that have nice museums. Or perhaps Orlando with its parks (not indoors, but you mention amusement parks).

Why don’t you stay where you are and do day trips instead?

I’ve also seen people do a 2 day Pennsylvania trip. You can go to Hershey’s, Diggerland, Philadelphia Zoo, museums, Amish, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics