Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
S/o how to make lactose-free delicious yogurt

anonymrs

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 9:16 am
Someone asked on the other thread so here's how I do it.

Pour 1 bottle of Pride of the Farm red milk into a pot. Bring it to a boil. Lower the fire and simmer for 10 minutes.

Allow to cool to below 100 degrees. Take a small amount of cooked milk and mix it with 1 container of Norman's Greek yogurt. Then add in the rest of the cooked milk.

Personally, I use a yogurt machine but you don't really have to. You can put the whole pot of milk into an oven with the light on.
Leave it for 24 hours until the lactose is completely digested by the bacteria.
Put in the fridge for 8 hours.

Now you have delicious, healthy, and cost-efficient yogurt to enjoy. Add a drop of honey for sweetened taste.

Enjoy!

teachkids

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 9:27 am
Really curious- is this actually lactose free? I make soy yogurt for my lactose intolerant family members but I would love to be able to make dairy.

(Side point, I use powdered yogurt enzymes and a yogurt maker that doesn't need preboiling- slightly more expensive but way easier to do twice a week)

new oldie

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 10:43 am
teachkids wrote:
Really curious- is this actually lactose free?

Wondering the same.
I highly doubt this would work for someone who is severely lactose intolerant.
There are different levels of lactose intolerance and I don’t think this would work for the most severe levels.

anonymrs

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 11:01 am
teachkids wrote:
Really curious- is this actually lactose free? I make soy yogurt for my lactose intolerant family members but I would love to be able to make dairy.

(Side point, I use powdered yogurt enzymes and a yogurt maker that doesn't need preboiling- slightly more expensive but way easier to do twice a week)

My family member is lactose intolerant and eats it. But I'm not going to make any promises.

Can you link the powdered yogurt enzymes and yogurt maker? I'm curious about it. Thanx!

teachkids

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 11:05 am
anonymrs wrote:
My family member is lactose intolerant and eats it. But I'm not going to make any promises.

Can you link the powdered yogurt enzymes and yogurt maker? I'm curious about it. Thanx!

Here's the culture- Euro Cuisine RI1020 All Natural Yogurt Culture / Starter 2 Boxes ( Each Box Contains 10 - 3gr Packet) https://a.co/d/gZH9fM8 the price just doubled so I may switch brands when I finish what's in my cabinet.

Here's the yogurt maker - Mueller Yogurt Maker, Greek... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Q.....share

anonymrs

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 11:20 am
teachkids wrote:
Here's the culture- Euro Cuisine RI1020 All Natural Yogurt Culture / Starter 2 Boxes ( Each Box Contains 10 - 3gr Packet) https://a.co/d/gZH9fM8 the price just doubled so I may switch brands when I finish what's in my cabinet.

Here's the yogurt maker - Mueller Yogurt Maker, Greek... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Q.....share

That looks like an interesting product. Seems it still has milk in it though. Am I seeing correctly?

teachkids

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 11:29 am
anonymrs wrote:
That looks like an interesting product. Seems it still has milk in it though. Am I seeing correctly?

It's grown on dairy so it may not be safe for someone allergic to dairy, but no actual dairy in it- it's pareve
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains