Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How to organize and store extra hangers

mashcsch

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 11:52 am
I have lots of extra hangers. I keep them in a basket in my laundry room but they get caught in each other and it looks so messy. Any ideas of a better way to store them?

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:01 pm
Why do you need them? Maybe just get rid of them.
If you do actually use them, store them in a way that makes them usable and easy to reach.

https://www.amazon.com/Carpent.....ss_tl

https://www.amazon.com/Organiz.....ss_tl

https://www.amazon.com/niziyue.....ss_tl

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:04 pm
Throw them out if they are extra.

mashcsch

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:05 pm
Thanks for those ideas! I keep some extra for when I do laundry but I think I am going to get rid of most of them and keep a few. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:08 pm
mashcsch wrote:
Thanks for those ideas! I keep some extra for when I do laundry but I think I am going to get rid of most of them and keep a few. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Keep a few matching ones hanging on the rod in your laundry room (if you have) and if you have space in your closets keep a few at the end of each rod.

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:08 pm
Install a rod--curtain rod, dowel rod, closet rod, flying trapeze, whatever-- and hang them on it. Rod can be suspended from ceiling, between two beams, or anywhere. There are fold-down rods that you affix to a wall or hang on a door.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:29 pm
If they are extra, throw them out or drop them off at a thrift shop that might need hangers.

Keep a few in the laundry room if you need to hang stuff immediately and recycle back and forth from your closet.

When I remodeled I got rid of almost all of my hangers except for a very few heavy wooden ones for suit jackets and heavy winter coats.

I got the kind of thin velvet ones that keep everything neatly hung (unlike wire hangers) and take up very little space I the closet.

I have a tendency to hang onto things because I "might" need them at some point - even when keeping them is making my life my difficult like it is for you with your hanger overflow. In the very unlikely event that you actually need hangers in the future, you can buy them for not much money.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics