Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What to bring to when go to new friend’s pool?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 6:45 am
I recently became friends with a woman and she invited me to her pool. I think there may be other women going too. Do I bring something as a hostess gift to eat or drink by the pool? If so, what?

singleagain

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 7:22 am
I would rather bring your own towels and sunscreen and snacks for your kids so you don't impose that on your host. If she didn't specifically say just come in your bathing suits

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 8:24 am
I would be very annoyed if people brought food and drinks to my pool without asking (unless I specified that it was ok). We don’t allow food near the pool, it just attracts bugs and since it’s not a concrete area it’s very hard to clean up.

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 9:30 am
I have a pool and frequently invite ppl to use.
Please do not bring food to my pool.
Do not use / break our goggles.
Please bring your own towel and clean up after yourself when you leave.
When ppl buy me something for my pool I really appreciate since everything always seems to go missing or break.
A nice floaty tube, a cute garbage, an umbrella…

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 9:46 am
Just come with all supplies so you don't have to ask for favors. Use the bathroom before so hope you don't have to ask the host too many times for that. Have towels, goggles, floats, tissues, diapers if there's a baby, be dressed and covered with a robe on top when you arrive, have your own snacks if it's a longer stay (if it's short then no snacks). When you leave make sure every chair is in the exact place where it was. Don't leave any garbage around. Pool owners get very busy with people asking for little things and picking up after everyone.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 9:52 am
All your supplies and maybe a new cool drink 🍸
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette